Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

probably best to remove tank wouldnt want to do things half arsed

Lol

Did the panda '86 sell Andy?

Would have loved to have bought that (if I had less cars/more coin. damn nissans...)

BTW, Can you please 'un-non-authorise' me from the build thread?

all i did was point out some irony, I genuinely am interested in the vehicle/s..

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably best to remove tank wouldnt want to do things half arsed

Lol

Did the panda '86 sell Andy?

Would have loved to have bought that (if I had less cars/more coin. damn nissans...)

BTW, Can you please 'un-non-authorise' me from the build thread?

all i did was point out some irony, I genuinely am interested in the vehicle/s..

The thread it here.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32712

Panda is gone within 48 hours of auction, First guy saw it bought it.

He can't, a mod soft deleted the thread so you have to be a mod to see it lol

I see, thought he may have some how specifically banned me haha.

Not surprising Andy , looks really good in the photos.

What does 'soft' delete mean specifically?

White smoke is probably coolant in the exhaust. No biggy, its a bluetop. Find another and chuck it in

not that much worried to be honest.

It still runs well when it cooled down, can't really see smoke or anything.

The water pump was loose as I Could move it a bit with my hands, water pouring down from the Plate between the water pump and the engine.

I took 6 bolts off from the water pump. but I can't take the water pump out.

any suggestions? i will check the manual.

The Smoke was probably steam. It sounds like the water pump bearing collapsed.

Put a new waterpump on it and see how it goes. %90 chance it will be ok.

Out of curiosity what happened to the white one? I can't be bothered reading the last 26 pages to find out.

Would be surprised if it was the water pump itself, because it just got new cambelt and water pump before it sold to me. Now I am bit worried whether or not it actually did replace both of them or properly replaced.

The Panda is gone for good Valiant.

within 48 hrs felixx

Couldn't afford two cars/ silver is in MUCH better condition.

Yep, When I took/checked it, it was loose. but I wouldn't say it was loose before, I had good few weeks driving in it so. I acutally don't know what's going on here.

KPR:

Yes, The mid cam cover is off, There are 3 small/short, 3 big/long bolts holding the water pump.

I have took them all off, The water pump is sealed/gasketed to a plate/mount. and the bit between the plate and the engine is where is leaked. Have a look tomorrow + manual. see what I can do.

Sucks only own one car! can't go anywhere now.

edit: yeh ^

3 big bolts (m8's) unbolt it from the engine. the small (m6's) hold the 2 halves of the pump together. can take the whole pump off without removing the small bolts.

not quite sure where you mean its leaking. but should be an O ring that sits in the block that the pump oulet seals against. should be a gasket between the 2 halves of the pump. dont split it and put the small bolts back in if this isn't where it leaked. as you will need to buy a new gasket. if there is gasket sealer anywhere thats your problem..

yep, it leaks from the back plate of the water pump. which is the O ring, 80% sure now.

I don't know How normally the procedures are for replacing the water pump. but looks like the front plate of the water pump is new. and the Rear Plate is just OLD as the rest of the engine. Is that Normal?

also, there is only sealant between the front and rear plate. I guess they didn't bother to buy a genuine gasket to put in it.