Bmxicans 20v 4agte build

bmxican

Who's dishwasher did you use? My dad would kill me if I did that.

You could use a brillo pad and some autosol polish to clean camshafts? that would be ok on the lobes if not too scratchy?

There's quite a few guys on here who are very clued up on these engines and I'm sure they'll give some advice/tips on your build and where to get the best prices on parts etc :)

But some pics up of the wagon. I like the older coronas.

I have all the bits you need, 4agze ae101 pistons, new, 7rib block with oil squirters, crank, rods, 2x20v heads, complete, everything in good condition. also have a nice hybrid turbo an manifold that i used for 1 bar boost up to 9000rpm, loved it. Let me know if you want anything.....

I have all the bits you need, 4agze ae101 pistons, new, 7rib block with oil squirters, crank, rods, 2x20v heads, complete, everything in good condition. also have a nice hybrid turbo an manifold that i used for 1 bar boost up to 9000rpm, loved it. Let me know if you want anything.....

This sounds like my kinda set up, what kinda power was that making?

What sort of boost level are you aiming for? Silver tops are about 10.5:1 CR std, guess you would need to drop it down to about 8.5 / 9? (I know nothing about turbo's btw, just interested)

I'm going to have to get the head skimmed quite a bit the piston has dented it on the forth cyl. Will post pictures tonight, Not sure if it will change the compression ratio in that cyl a fair bit or not.

I'm going to be using a ae101 4agze block and 8.9.1 pistons =)

What sort of boost level are you aiming for? Silver tops are about 10.5:1 CR std, guess you would need to drop it down to about 8.5 / 9? (I know nothing about turbo's btw, just interested)

I was using the setup with different pistons, but made a safe 230hp at the wheels, could have streached it more but i like the reliability of that so just kept it safe.

I'm going to have to get the head skimmed quite a bit the piston has dented it on the forth cyl. Will post pictures tonight, Not sure if it will change the compression ratio in that cyl a fair bit or not.

Did it run no4 big end bearing?

Why not get a good non damaged, flat head? Plenty of them around?? Could well be cheaper than machining??

I was using the setup with different pistons, but made a safe 230hp at the wheels, could have streached it more but i like the reliability of that so just kept it safe.

Did it run no4 big end bearing?

Why not get a good non damaged, flat head? Plenty of them around?? Could well be cheaper than machining??

It will cost me $68.00 to get the head machined. It didn't run a bearing the rod snapped

These builds are very common these days.

Fairly simple and very effective.

From my experience make sure you use all OEM stuff for the build - Seals, headgasket, bearings etc.

If your worried that you took alot off the head (how much did they take off?) might be better using the 8.0:1 4agze pistons.

These builds are very common these days.

Fairly simple and very effective.

From my experience make sure you use all OEM stuff for the build - Seals, headgasket, bearings etc.

If your worried that you took alot off the head (how much did they take off?) might be better using the 8.0:1 4agze pistons.

I haven't gotten it skimmed yet but the piston has dented it in about 0.5 - 1mm, pretty decent skim if i do choose to get it done.

if its too far gone for your liking, get another silvertop head. they are dirt cheap. /post a picture of damage.

+1 for not running a thick gasket. use a factory gasket as bazda said.

i've been running my na 16v 4age boosted for awhile. which runs 11.5:1 pistons. could only run 10psi boost on 98 tho.

i'd be running 9 - 10 compression ratio for good response. unless you are planing on running alot of boost on pump gas.

if its too far gone for your liking, get another silvertop head. they are dirt cheap. /post a picture of damage.

+1 for not running a thick gasket. use a factory gasket as bazda said.

i've been running my na 16v 4age boosted for awhile. which runs 11.5:1 pistons. could only run 10psi boost on 98 tho.

i'd be running 9 - 10 compression ratio for good response. unless you are planing on running alot of boost on pump gas.

aiming for 9 - 10 can be done cheaply with a thiner headgasket and ae101 4agze pistons.

yeh thats what ive just swapped to. 8.9 ze pistons +.8mm trd gasket. so in the 9's, im running a 16v head. from memory silvertop head is roughly the same chamber size (maybe smaller?) so should work out around the same.

arp rod bolts maybe worth looking at if you are going to be spinning upwards of 9000rpm.. need to resize big ends tho. so is more cost.

yeh thats what ive just swapped to. 8.9 ze pistons +.8mm trd gasket. so in the 9's, im running a 16v head. from memory silvertop head is roughly the same chamber size (maybe smaller?) so should work out around the same.

arp rod bolts maybe worth looking at if you are going to be spinning upwards of 9000rpm.. need to resize big ends tho. so is more cost.

Wanting to keep factory 20v 8,500 redline. Is upgrading the rod bolts worthwhile?

prob be fine, i run them in my 4age's, for piece of mind. as reving a bit higher than that.

i'd go for smallport or silvertop rods. early smallport rods are biggest. late smallport are spose to have same rods as silvertop. but the ones ive pulled apart, have all had big rods.

^ if you didn't know that already..