LOW IMP

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same Guy?

January 26, 2010 - 11:15am

Photo of the Week was caught by our roving photographer couple of Kevin and Michelle - they caught the end of Brian Bradshaw's Modified Sprint crash which proved to be quite nasty, Brian suffered a broken pelvis and cracked hip from the incident.Brian has a long history in motorsport and we hope that he recovers quickly and we can see him on the track again.

modsprint1.jpg

Joe, we got on a LONG time ago, but things fell apart when the coupe starting having issues that he couldnt fix. Had it in there for weeks at times (not that the time was an issue) and then would tell me he didnt know how he could charge all the time he spent on it for a loose battery terminal that he said was at fault. May I point out that the car cranked and cranked as good as gold with NO issues, nor any sparks or melting of either terminal. He treated me as if I knew NOTHING about what I was talking about etc (for those of you who dont know me, Im a senior diesel tech, been in trade for 10 years).

He called me a 'waste of space' to other customers that were good friends of mine.

Chrome Gt, Im not sure if its the same guy or not, I havent had much to do with him since sometime in 09 I guess. But he has had his fingers in many types of motorsport, from my experiences with him (Ive known him for 12 years or so) he was actually a reasonable driver.

Think the crash is him.

We have an expensive Impworks sport engine under the bench at work, it burnt/leaked oil, fumed and was a nightmare, must have got 400kms tops from it. Built one from parts for a few hunderd dollars and its still good now after all these years.

We get similar stories from alot of people, which is sad as its put alot of fans off these sweet wee cars.

Yes he has certainly put a lot of people off, even I was tempted to sell up so as I wouldnt have any association with him any at all.

Theres so much more to the stories but Im not going to go into them.

In brief, he used to be a nice guy but certainly changed in last few years. Mention his name to some people and they want to hit YOU for even mentioning his name.

I want another Imp again. Hannah's first classic was a Imp and it was so sweet. Were there many imps sold in NZ an how much would you expect or should pay for a nice rough but road legal runner?

When hannah bought hers in 2002 they were really cheap in England. I think she paid 400 quid taxed and tested. Colour was Prarie wind. Head gasket failed immediately but we got another engine good for 100 quid. So easy to remove the engines!

I remember the Imp club being very friendly. We would get about 5-8 Imps along on monthly Oxford area Imp club meets.

In 2006 we saw a beautiful light blue Imp van parked up near the Chch airport hangers. Looked wicked. Would love a van.

HI there

Imps are still about, I cant say how many were sold in nz but it was a heap. They were 'built' here by several places, Todd motor company in Petone was one of the assembly plants here.

The blue van is still about, Simon drives it most days, he still works at the airport so its parked out there somewhere each day, he also owns a Ginetta G15 which is an Imp based kit car.

Tidyish (but not restored) Imps have been going for around 2-3k (from memory) online, obviously the better they are the more people paid. A stiletto just sold on TM for 9k. Some may say pricey for a non road going car (its just been off the road, thats all I believe) but its a coupe model so is a little special. I belive all vans and coupes were private imports over the years.

Ive got a van also, tried selling it for 5k but no takers, has rust in the floor area :-(

There will be one for sale in Chch earlish next year, in similar condition to the ones shown on the previous page.

Which is completely retored mechanically with original paint and interior which is also in top condition.

As a guide the Hillman went for $3500 and the Sunbeam for $5500, which is nothing like what gets spent on them. For example we rebuilt the motor, gearbox and brakes ready for WOF and sold it, now he has fully reconditioned them. (which is hurt as its a waste of a gasket set, quailty ring set etc)

In 2006 we saw a beautiful light blue Imp van parked up near the Chch airport hangers. Looked wicked. Would love a van.

^ I know the car you mean, it is a Hillman Husky. I spoke to the guy once. It is often parked at my local shops (near the airport)

Theres a few imps in nelson. Warwick has 2 in unbuilt state at present. The person who bought stiletto off tm is from nelson (well his profile says that).

All going to plan ill have mine at nelson show in feb.

Which show? must hook up! :) I'd like some photos of my Viva nest to an Imp or two, them being from similar period etc.

This Warwick. Will he finish them or not?

Warwick goes as Revhead on other forums, not sure if hes on here. Hes got two cars in poor state at the mo. One will be an everyday hack when he gets it going, the other a club race car is his dream.

I'll be at the Nelson Classic car show in nelson on 11 and 12 feb all going well.

Debating bringing up the husky on a trailor also.

Theres a few imps in nelson. Warwick has 2 in unbuilt state at present. The person who bought stiletto off tm is from nelson (well his profile says that).

All going to plan ill have mine at nelson show in feb.

Which show? must hook up! :) I'd like some photos of my Viva nest to an Imp or two, them being from similar period etc.

This Warwick. Will he finish them or not?

Bloody hope I do! Will get a lot more done when I shift the Chevette to the lock up and one of the Imps to garage at home. That's Januarys plan anyway!

http://www.nelsoncarshow.com/

It's mildly average, but at least it's here! I'll have the Chevette in it