Widened steels in nelson

matred

steelies are ment to be done to a certable standard so is normally best to go to a mag wheel repairer like elite wheels in christchurch.

but if your interested in taking a chance any engineer should be able to, as long as the can cut straight and weld half decent. or if you know of any racecar workshops (cant remember any except the dudes from challenge petrol station cnr waimea rd and VanDieman st) who they would recommend

maybe ask mat or mike from mag and turbo who they would recommend or anyother wheel place in nelson.

when they are done and ya might want to get them sandblasted and powdercoated try galbraiths at 80 betty st as i use to work there and they did good cashies

mine from elite wheels cost $700+ but that wasnt widening them, it was unpicking my centres and putting them inside some of there 7inch wheel bands. or thers another idea. just order some wheel bands from elite in whatever width ya want then get a local engineer to unpick your centres and weld them into ya new bands.

• 2 weeks later...

depending on cost of postage, if you can get wheels to wellington for the same/less as getting them to christchurch, I would recommend sending them to Howat Engineering in lower hutt. just had a set done there (as well as a few others from here). Much better experience than elite wheels (much cheaper and much quicker, and they dude isnt a faggot like elite). Hve had some work done at royce clive but not widening so cant comment on that.

Chris Webby is the hotrod builder in Motueka who Evobilly was talking about. Ive seen some of the wheels hes done and i must say he does an amazing job.... better than Elite in chch... And at $60-70 per wheel and a 5 day turnaround hes cheaper & faster. He knows all the rules and regulations around widening steelies. I'll be getting some done when funds allow.

• 1 month later...

i talked to Chris Webby in the weekend bout wheels he said he does it to cert regs as he has a good rep and wont do wheels that don't meet the regs his prices seem way cheaper then anywere else and saw a couple wheels he has done and they look sweet as Triumph2500 said hes a hot rod builder and does all his work top spec he has some very cool rat rods very old school type of guy he also said hes started to get alot of people send him wheels from down south as he is based in motueka/nelson, poeple have heard bout him in some of the hotrod clubs

anyone intrested in getting mods to the wheels and wanting to talk to him pm me for the number

im just on the hunt for some rims for my car work out what spec i need them and will be getting him to do the work so will post pics once done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You'd have to go see him for pricing as I think he basis he prices on if he knows you or not. Also don't go see him unless your really serious about getting some done as hes getting tired of random people turning up and asking about them. Hes down Bachelor ford road towards the end on the right. PM Evobilly he has the guys phone number.... And dont turn up in a flat peak cap & baggy pants with an attitude or he will just tell you to fuck off :lol: