Where can I get LHM in Wellington?

feathersword

you can get some off me if you bring a container. how much do you need?

I'm cheaper than the shops. I milk it from my teat/have a 20litre container of the shit.

where are you and when do you need it?

alternatively Adlams in Taranaki St in town, or Amsterdam Autos in Bridge St lower Hutt charge $25 a litre for it. I don't think the Citroen dealer even carries it anymore.

The resevoir will take around 2 litres from the light coming on.. (about 6 litres from dry IIRC)

PS - you check you have the correct level by putting it on up bumps and the orange float should between the 2 red lines on the level indicator...

lold tbh.

any vessel you like. if you only want a litre i'll have a bottle buit i don't have that many so any bottle i need not part with is good. lolol

$15 a litre is what I need to cover my costs :) (I only buy it in 20s coz I get it at a good price and there's a few jokers in WGTN that I supply with it.

dope dilla.

I lost about 8 litres over 4 months through the LH inner guard cos a return line cracked. I was too slack at fixing it and kept jimmying it up..

I really need to go for a hoon and drive over plenty of Dusty_Rhodes_tn.jpg to coat my undercarriage and mop up all the spilt LHM...

sometimes. sometimes it's required for a change (you're meant to change it every X amount of kilometres, and/or years), but mostly it's topped up due to leaks.

since most of the people I know that have LHM'd Citroens, own aging ones, leaks are more likely. Mine sprung a leak for no good reason that I can understand, recently, other than the fact that I'd driven it down a rugged driveway in the country and across a short amount of paddock (may or may not have been on bumps for some of it) which tore a suspension boot. I never noticed until I got to otaki, losing about 2-3litres. degrading rubber lines and other random stuff can cause small leakages. many people never check the levels, either so most cars are running 'low' on the stuff.

I never need to top my D up unless it springs a leak. even though all the rubber parts are new you still get the odd one for whatever reason. my front bumpstops are so smooshed that the front boots turn right inside out and rip. i should really import some bumpstops/nah. I park it in the shed with a couple of bricks under the front jacking points now. bumps are for chumps.

I get a 20 litre coz 1 litre bottles are a pain in the arse to deal with, plus everytime I need a bit, when I/someone needs some in the weekend, nobody has any and it's a cunt. Usually i get another bottle of it when I get down to like 5 litres.

I even sell it to my WOF guy now and then for one of his tractors that has LHM cab suspension (i think) and LHM powered brakes. if he buys it througha tractor place it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and nobody in feilding holds lhm outside of tractor outfits.

Leaks are usually in the low pressure return line side rather than high pressure. most cars are spaghetti as shit so there's a lot of places leaks can start.

mean

tl;dr? yes, leaks, and bulk = economy. supply and command. not rocket appliances. etcetc