1963 Morris Mini Discussion

Logo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't found out where I could get some carpet from yet, only been looking online at some british stores that have the already cut sets of carpet they say like the original...so I assume they would be loop carpet not this straight hair fluffy stuff

How much of it would you be willing to spare with it if I do find the measurements ?

Haven't found out where I could get some carpet from yet, only been looking online at some british stores that have the already cut sets of carpet they say like the original...so I assume they would be loop carpet not this straight hair fluffy stuff

How much of it would you be willing to spare with it if I do find the measurements ?

Donno if you've tried these guys?

http://www.autodec.co.nz/

I got the carpet for my Wolseley from them a while back. Looks and feels great, not sure if they're 'loop' like you want, but worth a call.

Wasn't a perfect fit, but the carpet was for a Mk II, where as I have a Mk I.

Has some loop carpet in there at the moment in semi rough condition was going to keep at least some of the old style theme...perhaps too picky if there is enough of that roll (bound to be only a mini pretty tiny little area) I could cut my own shapes etc make crazy patterns and what not...get a bit more automotive restoration experience in making my own carpets

found it i was trying to remember who it was that i was talking to bout carpet heres some pics not the best its not easy trying to take close ups of it lol

311446_10150350089056570_679246569_8854962_1429332678_n.jpg

298128_10150350089141570_679246569_8854963_604023529_n.jpg

302296_10150350089311570_679246569_8854966_307058868_n.jpg

every pic makes it look different i didn't relize how nice it really was im gonna have to use it in the ke35 me thinks but should be heaps to spear a bit for a mini pm me to talk more

Yeah I'm loving the mini builds on here gives me a bit of an idea on how to do it up...been thinking lately might try make it a bit of a munter and mix match some parts meaning some MK1 stuff on a MK3 and maybe if i find myself a bit wealthy to redo the front to look like an innocenti mini...which could be interesting and maybe a few radical colour schemes coming up so who knows will keep you guys posted on my shenanigans

3 days off work hopefully its finally sunny so i can get down to sanding fill her up with gas and drive her up to my brothers place to get her gaping holes welded shut ;)

Yeah just have to find somewhere to source a grill for it then its pretty much close to done...found out the throttle likes to stick at full so yay need to tune the carb up anyway..might just be the spring

Would be going earlier but i had an impulse christmas buy for myself so rather poor yay for summer cleaning. time to sell all my junk!

Also some dude randomly strolled up today and inquired to if the mini was for sale...should have said give me an offer ;) see how it would have tickled my fancy

But yes if anyone knows a site or someone who can source a innocenti grill it would be muchly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...