Damo's 74 GTO

Snoozin

Hey Hotrod Timmy and Anglia4, the tyres are original with the white lettering although not made anymore and very hard to find. They certainly looks the biz though! I bought them on Trademe but unfortunately one of the four that I bought was a lemon, completely wrecked and the sellers didn't mention it even when asked if the tread wear was even. So I had to place some wanted ads to look for more. Worth it though to get this look.

I'm just off to make some more parts! I need tail light gaskets so it's out with the scalpel! I'll take some snaps and upload them tomorrow.

Damo

The ultrasonic is awesome! Some things that you wouldn't want to take a stiff brush too or anything with a dry crusty buildup are perfect for the ultrasonic. I usually put a little dishwashing detergent in it and have the water hot and most of the time it gives me good results. Really greasy things are just as quickly cleaned with a good degreaser I think though.

Cheers, Damo.

• 2 months later...

It's coming along slowly! I have just moved to Ohope, in the Bay of Plenty. This is the first time I have been on the forum since. I have left the car in Christchurch and it'll be painted in a few weeks I hope. When that's done, I'll fly back for a week and put the car together and drive it up here. I'll have to pull it to bits again once it's here though to finish the resto.

Cheers,

Damo.

• 1 year later...

You should be able to hit up the golf course for whatever it costs to fix that. My father in law's van got hit by a stray ball off a local course, the club didn't even bat an eyelid. "Take it to the panel beaters and send us the invoice".

• 1 month later...