AUckland meets and rendezvous discussion.

4th setember oldschool cruise out to kaiaua  

17 members have voted

1. 1. 4th setember oldschool cruise out to kaiaua

• Im in with my ride
    • Im in, got a spare seat?
    • Not keen, sunday is busy for me.

Alternatively, we could drive through the Waitaks, and end up at Bethells beach, and nom on some scrumptious burgers there...

that would have to be a summer thing, uncles not open in the winter

Also, +1 for a pub meet at some stage. We'll have to smuggle Chees in somehow :)

Nah, he can just bring his mum, then it won't be an issue.

anyone know the laws around this? can i come in with you guys and just not drink?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's at the discretion of the bar/pub/whatever. By law you're technically allowed on the premises, you're just not allowed to purchase/consume alcohol there. Most places won't let you in if you don't have a parent/guardian with you though, easiest way to ensure they don't get in trouble.

But they may not notice/Ned/Dodgysam/Richie could pretend to be your dad.

Ok, so seems that we like the cruise out to kaiaua idea.

So heres the details. If they are universal accepted ill make a new thread to advertise it.

Sunday 4th September (2 weeks after bike summit)

9:30 - 10 am: Meet greenlane countdown car park. Get snacks/nibbles beers for the drive.

10:30am: We will cruise out through clevedon, kawakawa ways for more scenic-ness

Fish and chips out there for lunch

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=kaiaua& ... 6&t=h&z=10

Toottoottimmay has suggested we can get a lush deal at miranda hot pools for swim and lunch. If everyone is keen on that then we could pass through kaiaua and carry on to hot pools for lunch. $20 each for that or similiar. Deal would need to be finalised.

Save the kaiaua fish and chips for summer dayze?

- The other thing i was thinking is get as many dailys left at home as possible. Load up the OS cars, lighten individuals gas bills, have new cats to yarn with.

so? disscuss

October is millions of miles away. Come with someone else if you can't drive yourself. This won't be the only one, so you'll still get a chance to show off your full licence another time.

Yeah I know just a suggestion. Will come along whenever it is anyway and be a loner for the drive :lol:

Ok, so seems that we like the cruise out to kaiaua idea.

So heres the details. If they are universal accepted ill make a new thread to advertise it.

Sunday 4th September (2 weeks after bike summit)

9:30 - 10 am: Meet greenlane countdown car park. Get snacks/nibbles beers for the drive.

10:30am: We will cruise out through clevedon, kawakawa ways for more scenic-ness

Fish and chips out there for lunch

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=kaiaua& ... 6&t=h&z=10

Toottoottimmay has suggested we can get a lush deal at miranda hot pools for swim and lunch. If everyone is keen on that then we could pass through kaiaua and carry on to hot pools for lunch. $20 each for that or similiar. Deal would need to be finalised.

Save the kaiaua fish and chips for summer dayze?

- The other thing i was thinking is get as many dailys left at home as possible. Load up the OS cars, lighten individuals gas bills, have new cats to yarn with.

so? disscuss

Sounds good to me.

If we all meet at Greenlane we can head to Clevedon Via Botany South, then Whitford, would be much smoother and open for our older steeds and cruising past Maraeti is always nice.

The deal at Miranda is a pass to the Hot Pools and a feed, the food is great, as good as the Fish & Chips at Kiawa these days, Kiawa fish and chip shop was sold to new owners years ago and the award winning fish and chips went out the door, TBH it’s more a novelty thing these days, Miranda is a BYO deal so if you didn’t want lunch you could bring your own Cookie and wash it down with a beer.

As said lots of parking.

Good thing about Miranda is that it’s mostly occupied by ugly fat locals and ugly fat tourists meaning it’s not all Aucklander Peter Andree type poser cunts all over the show making you feel even more paster man bobbed than you already are, I know this is concern for some people with Hot Pools and the like, myself included, last time I went to Waiwera I thought I had missed the invite to Jersey Shore dress up day.. In saying that, you would not have to swim if you didn’t want to, could just come in for beer and a laugh, they have in inflatable tarp type bouncy thing you could jump on.

Maybe Hamilton people could come up?