Mk2 Cortina 2 Door Resto

revxs

Not off trademe,been sitting hidden away in a "half" shed for some years,Drivers side is fairly bad,passagers is pretty mint,Trying to source another shell to use for pannels etc,Thank god the doors are pretty perfect and dont need replacing be a tall task finding some.

Plans are to get body straight and go from there.....Zetec or somthing maybe a idea for motor

Not off trademe,been sitting hidden away in a "half" shed for some years,Drivers side is fairly bad,passagers is pretty mint,Trying to source another shell to use for pannels etc,Thank god the doors are pretty perfect and dont need replacing be a tall task finding some.

Plans are to get body straight and go from there.....Zetec or somthing maybe a idea for motor

Get in touch with hrdengines on trademe, they may be able to help with your two door bits.

Is accually a Auzzie built 2 door,Rare from what ive heard,Thanks for leads will follow them up

hey nick i hate to tell ya but we buried one of these a few years ago on the farm..motor was poked an it sat in the yard getting full of dog shit,so it was buried..

havent seen many 2 doors....

youve got ya hands full with 2 projects on the go,hopefully you get ya "beast" sorted first though..

Get in touch with hrdengines on trademe, they may be able to help with your two door bits.

He is the guy who can make fibreglass guards fyi. I think he might use them on his savage rep racecar. They just have a slightly different wider arch for bigger wheels. Good to see youve got a project thread started nick!

is that the one that was on trademe for a while?

haha i think thats the one I got for parts. red with the smashed front drivers side?

yea thats the one

Yeah I shifted the thing from Napier to Auckland. Hell Mission. Sold it as I got the parts I needed with it and it was already well rusted. Car has changed hands again since and is now in Waiuku as a parts car for an existing 2 door project.

• 2 months later...

Cool car. Quite valuable too if rebuilt well. What are your plans for repairing that door post? As said earlier, it would be nice to find a solid donor car for patch repairs. You could go and get some keyphos from an auto paint supply shop which works well applied to bare metal to stop surface rust. Needs to reapplied every 8-12 months. Would save painting then grinding off the primer everytime you make a repair.

Andy.

finding a good shell would be good for doing piller,otherwise ill fold somthing up,Have etched it and most of the repairs are only small so once all done just have to re-etch the area and give whole pannel a skim of bog,be a long time before i have to do any real pannel work,got to make it rust free for starters