Davidian N-fifteen

davidian

welcome to my ricy ride. this was meant to be a solid daily undercover but somehow it seems to be getting more boyracered up than previously intended.

anyhow she's pretty mint. I was after a hatch that was peppy and could fit a bike. I was in the market for a similar age FX, golf or something in the same economy/power region. Decided FXes on the market were too raped for the money being asked so I started looking at these. People still wanted good money for varieties of Autech/VZR/GTI and I was not going down the GA engine series route. knew the girl that owned it for a few years, maybe 5 or so so I hounded her and hounded her until she bought a new car and passed this on to me.

Im destined for owning some oddball cars, as is the case with this one, at least minorly so.

Lucino ZZ, which basically equates to Pulsar GTI, maybe the difference is interior colour and GTIs usually come with a side skirt.. btw there is an EPIC amount of variants in the n15 shape, Lucinos, Pulsars, m1, x1, x1r, jj, bb, mm, sjs, q, sss, gti, vzr, autech, ssr, ssr-q and fuck knows what else.

These pix are post-install of RSR springs which kick my ass on every bump. The rears are a particular c*nt to pull out/in because of a rear suspension top plate inside the car but alas...

1000034a.jpg

1000031a.jpg

lol, nah not gzeros but always been partial to the VX1

got a cheap VZR exhaust in the weekend, pretty much 2¼'' piping from cat back with 2 resonators, just need a muffler and a bit of pipe to replace the cat, then stick on some extractors ive got kicking around.

I've no idea whatsoever what muffler to go for, unkeen for RPS/dumpy styles or anything loud and irritating, just want a nice note really. Any advice on that???

exha.jpg

those old v12s are such nice amps!

that amp has been trough the wars before i got it cheap, it's since been trough maybe 3-4 cars and in storage as well. cant complain really.

Changed grill to facelift one, im liking the GTI/Autech ones Parts Guru has but at $250 naaaah. Also looking at facelift lights and clear indicators and bits off ebay since it looks like my mate wil be ordering kits and lights and what not for his TX3 liftback project from Aussie, I might bundle up with him. will see.

Car has just kicked over 108K. nan spec. however factory strut bars front and back and a dodgy nissan-special intermittent speedo

those old v12s are such nice amps!

that amp has been trough the wars before i got it cheap, it's since been trough maybe 3-4 cars and in storage as well. cant complain really.

exactly same with mine, and its still running along like the day it was built.

also for the exhaust, considered a small motorbike tip? i picked up a harly one for $20 to see how it went on my car and it worked extremely well, though i did weld a 2nd small barrel muffler before it to keep it reasonably quiet

See if you can find a stock autech rear muffler bro. 2" mandrel bent inlet and they sound really nice and flow quite well.

Hell I'll even link a vid for you to see...

Haven't seen one for a while but they do kick around from time to time.

will have a squiz at this otnight, dont have sound at the mo.

will look into this, pretty hard finding autech bits tho that's why i was surprised this kit came up. all ive been able to find is a mould front bumper, no paint, spotlights or clips for $480 on TM, gotta be a joke

in regards to your exhaust,my mate had a silver vzr with a 5zigen rear muffler on a similar system to what you have in the pictures,3 inch straight tip angle cut end.sounded very nice and was not loud at all at idle,but out on the rd with your foot up it it had a very nice note :)

• 3 weeks later...

photos to come this week. it's been at Pit Stop since saturday. my $350 quote to put the exhaust together has somehow miraculously turned into around $930 now that most of it has already been done. On top of that, not o2 sensor tap in the new extractors as per original manifold so its going to move over lower, apparently the guy can't extend the O2 wire so i have to do it myself. fuck what a joke.

for comparison, they charged me about $800 for the 3'' 300ZX system with NOTHING supplied by me. gtfo.

muffler is a CHASE sports item

• 8 months later...