Whats all this grunge on the head?

karlb

milky oil is water in the oil, usually just moisture build up fgrom being cold and then warming up(condensation)

the crud is coked oil crap...dont try and get rid of it unless your doing a rebuild,get it chemically cleaned.

if any of that gets loosened and goes into your motor it can wear shit out pretty quick.

if you take the head off that would be good, get it cleaned, take the sump off and have a look at the bottom end...'you may find that the oil pick up is a bit caked aswell...

you shouldnt have to do the block unless its super bad...

^ Or soak in hot wated and surf, try and get as much of it out of the head then put a litre of diesel in the oil and try and run it through.. It's not looking good for you tho bro, i'd get a wanted ad up for a motor, as some good c*nt will have something better than that. I am guessing it is a smoker as well.. Imagine how blocked the oilway's are.

im on the look out for another motor iswell but will chuck up a wanted add. i was thinking of pulling the head off, taking it down to wash world and degrease the hell out of it. and doing the same to the sump pan and just clean what i can on the block itself.

i was also thinking running a bottle or 2 of engine flush through it, but last time i did that in my wagon the oil pump shit itself a month or so later. dunno wheather it was caused from that or not.

With that much scum buildup, that engine will not have been looked after at all.

As UJ said, run a compression test, and if possible a leakdown test.

Then remove head and sump, inspect sump for any shiny deposits, and get shit dipped.

If there are shiny bits in the sump then your engine is due for a full rebuild / boat anchor conversion.

If it was me an engine like that would be getting a full rebuild. Or scrapped.

But that's just me. I've had enough "She'll be 'right" moments backfire on me in the past..

ive seen an engine in the same state as that last another 75000kms before being sold on..

i would clean the head and look inside the arse end myself,then consider a new motor..

clean out the breather system too

why replace it with something thats probably either in the same state or worse(clean inside the oil cap doesnt always mean its a good motor).

ive seen an engine in the same state as that last another 75000kms before being sold on..

i would clean the head and look inside the arse end myself,then consider a new motor..

clean out the breather system too

Have you considered a 2ZZ?