Wheel paint

SP450andLE

I'm wanting to paint the wheels on my Mini old english white, but I'm not sure what paint to use.

Can I use ordinary spray-can automotive paint, or will I have to get special wheel paint mixed up?

If it's the latter, where can I get this done?

Cheers.

if by chance your lucky and the wattl Killrust has the right colour, that stuff is pretty damn good, primer and gloss base coat in one and strong as hell, its on my advans and i did a coffee table frame with it that gets a hell of a kicking and still no scratches

• 1 month later...

powdercoat = better even coverage, if your blasting the wheels first then its cheaper than a pro-paint job and supposedly more durable then paint (will cost more if you want a custom matched colour)

paint in a can = average heat resistance, cheap as brah, many colours to choose from but not such a good life span/brake dust eats it

real/man paints/2ks = can paint over small bog repairs, more colours then you can ever need, good heat resistance/durability (id say the same as powdercoat) harder to get a good coverage in tricky shaped wheels but generaly has a better finish/gloss than powdercoating