Any chch bmx riders?

Walker.NZ

Anyone keen for a ride this weekend?

i have just moved up from Dunedin to work up here. Dont really know where any of the good spots to ride are.

Im pretty keen to check out Jellie and Washington park, keen as to see what ever else the city has to offer as well.

If there was enough people interested it could be a pretty mean group ride.

hey man, welcome to shake central. there are a few of us on here that ride, myself, mutiny, josh and a couple others i think. if the weather is good, jelly or wash is probably your best option for meeting up with some riders. what do you drive, ill keep an eye out and if i see you, ill pull in and have a roll with you

I'm away this weekend back home in new plymouth, am hopefully finishing building my BMX while i'm there.

Will be keen next time though.

I have zero skills and my ancient plastic rims won't be up to much but Ill be stoked to roll up and sit on bike looking badass 8)

Would you guys be keen to meet at jellie at sometime on saturday afternoon, around 1pm or something?

My cars still in Dunedin man, i've got a 82 Corona, i've got to go down and get it off its pink sticker before i can bring it up.

And Rxocsm, no need to worry about that man haha, i havnt ridden in ages either

Sweet man i checked it out tonight but it was dark, looked pretty sweet.

Rode to washington aswell that was pretty mean too.

Yeah man i know jv some of the other dunedin locals haha

Ill head down to jellie at about one tommorow, i will be on a green bike with black parts.

See you guys then

I'm away this weekend back home in new plymouth, am hopefully finishing building my BMX while i'm there.

Will be keen next time though.

I have zero skills and my ancient plastic rims won't be up to much but Ill be stoked to roll up and sit on bike looking badass 8)

Anglia4 sounds like you have some Sky Ways?

What are you building? I have been on an old BMX tangent lately too.

So yeah my skills are minimal but I'm keen as on some old school BMX riding.

They are like skyways but I dunno if they are genuine skyways. either way they've got a few age/stress cracks so no jumps for it!

Got the beasty from paint today and put it all back together, have just got back from inaugural ride on new plymouth foreshore, went mint :D stoked

EDIT: pic

DSCF4979.jpg

there used to be one in cashmere, down by the river. shitty little thing. god knows if its still there. had a sweet jump over the fence to get out.

Thats the one i was thinking of, prob bout 3 years ago and wasn't interested at the time so don't know anything about it

Pretty sure I bunked school to go to that Cashmere one... that would have been mid 90's though, so my memory is a bit foggy. I've popped down to the Hornby one a couple times, just look like a douche as I only have a MTB :lol: