Felixx's Anglia

felixx

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used action powder coaters out in hornby before. I think it was 25 or 30 a rim to get blasted then the same again to get powder coated. may or may not be the same place dave/horse is talking about

yeah that's the place $25 a wheel

Oh and I spoke to Action Powder Coaters today.

Going in on wednesday to get em done.

Woo hoo cannot wait. I have wanted widened steels on THIS car since I was 16

next is tyres, what size are you going for? i had 185, 60's but found they rubbed at the rear, then put 175, 50's and now i have shit loads of room, enough to go lower, that's with the exhaust 75mm off the ground and the chassis 115mm

well they came off an anglia and had 175/60s on them, 2 are good, 2 have the lining showing thru.. So I think I will stick with the 175s for now.

I have some 'near new' 165/70s on her ATM I might stick them on the front rims for now, as I am short of cash. However if someone has a pair of decent 175/60s lying about and want to donate them to the cause...

BTW I am smoking another 4 salmon the day after tomorrow. Just rubbed in the maple syrup/ demarara sugar/ salt/ dill cure now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

CUL8R this weekend is looking mental with Orange boat stuff. It might be the weekend after Waitangi weekend I get in as the rims ARE a birthday present and it will also be my 21st anniversay with the car. (I brought her on my 16th birthday!)

Anyhoo does anyone have some (semi) decent 2nd hand 175/60/13s in chch I would happily buy 2, maybe 3 off you.

• 2 weeks later...

in a fit of madness I replaced my FRONT wheel cylinders as one was weeping.I had a set in the garage, and have bled the brakes so often that I have caused the south island to run out of brake fluid, so thought having new brake cylinders all round would stop any further issues!

I bled the brakes and the clutch. AWESOMENESS!Having a nice firm clutch is great, it makes the car feel zippier, if I had horsepower it might help with burnouts but as I dont, it wont!

Interesting.. got mrs felixx to pump the brakes, when I had tightened the last bleed nipple I told her to pump them... "I think there is something wrong- the pedal just got really hard to press down" bless her!However I got behind the wheel of her starlet today.. I will do her brakes this weekend, no wonder she was suprised by a good firm pedal

And my rims will be ready next week sometime!! YAYthe powder coating guy has been really busy! Does anyone in chch have any 175/50 13s lying about I can swap yummy treats or smallish sums of cash for them

Edit: Read my post and it didnt make much sense, I added the blue bits!