Dylan's 76 Toyota Corolla KE30

dylann

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey mate. I just bought myself a 1977 corolla ke30 same as yours. I have been giving it a thorough once over and discovered a lot of 'crap' that looks like rust in the little vents between the windscreen and the bonnet (where the water jets are) i was wandering if yours had/has the same problem? If so, whatd you do about it? Cheers

Hey mate. I just bought myself a 1977 corolla ke30 same as yours. I have been giving it a thorough once over and discovered a lot of 'crap' that looks like rust in the little vents between the windscreen and the bonnet (where the water jets are) i was wandering if yours had/has the same problem? If so, whatd you do about it? Cheers

yeah mate mine has the same problem, bit of a pain in the ass cause its in a tight space haha

may not be rust though, could just be alot of dirt etc thats in there. get a compressor and give it a blow possibly?

i havent done anything about it yet, not sure how to go about removing it, if it is rust i could take the extreme route and cut out the vents, then cut out the rust under them and rewelding, worst case scenario

i found mine had the motherload of rust under the rear vents more than anywhere, ended up being ALOT more than what you can see in that pic

good luck with your project!

chur oldscool, not many round these days, pity i never get around to working on mine though!

Ok thanks mate. I dont actually think its rust. But it is really dodgey-looking. I can take some plates out from inside the engine bay and clear most of it from the drivers side but the windscreen wiper motor is in the way of the other side. And im not sure that once i clear it, what i'm actually exposing...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...