Tyre sizes

DangerousPerson

So I need to replace two tyres for wof. Currently have full set of Toyo proxes but dont have the cash to buy them at 240 each. So now I'm wondering, what tyre sizes would fit/ be suitable for 13"x7 hotwires. ATM they're 215/50/13. Is it ok to run different sized tyres on front and rear and what are pros/cons in doing so? kumho do ectsa in 215/50 for almost half the price so may go with them but just want others opinions before doing so.

Another thing I've been wondering is what effect the width of the tyre has on handling and if a narrower tyre on front would save my arms from getting so ripped from turning the wheel.

narrow tyres up front will make it a bit easier to turn etc. dont know if there are any pros/cons as such for running different size tyres front and back, but theres nothing techincally or legally wrong with it.

as for which size tyre for the rim, it all depends on what look you want/how much room you have.

yes and know. obviosly what you have on there now fits, so anythign smaller will fit (within reason). so you could just go get the cheapest tyres or go find another pair the same size as what you have now. just ring around and get prices then ring tonys and get them cheaper. thats what I did and manged to get a set of toyo proxes for $120 each (185/60/13s).

basically anything between 185 and 215 will be sweet on a 7" rim

I'd have a look on the LVVTA site for info. As far as I am aware there is a limit to how much difference you are allowed (doubt anything that a tyre shop reccomends will be outside this limit but can't hurt to check), and also some rules stating that the wider tyres need to be on the driving wheels. Tyres on each axle must match in pattern/type also. Id say if its not a sports car then theres no need to fork out for the proxies and that the kumhos will be fine

you need pretty serious slam to roll 175/50s. I tried a 175/60 and even that looked tiny. everyone always says go for smaller tyres it looks better etc, but yeh you need pretty serious slam to pull it off. i settled on 185/60s on the avenger and I wouldnt want them any smaller (and its lowered a good whack from standard)

just my 2c's.

• 1 month later...