drilling a hole on a 30 degree angle with no fancy tools

mark105

ok i have a medium problem. all i have is a drill press with a fully adjustable bed and thats about as flash as it gets.

i have this manifold, now unfortunately i ran out of time before i left work for them to put it up on the mill and cut said holes that i need.

23122010132.jpg

so what i need to do is drill a hole in each runner 19mm dia for my injector bosses but at a 30 degree angle.

dad though of making an elaborate slide that bolted on to it and had a 19mm hole saw and spun by belt drive or something at a slow rpm and slowly chewed through it. this to seems like over complicating it.

surely engineers had some means before mills of cutting/boring angled holes simply, so engineers? got a better idea?

yeh finished up for good, last year, was hard enough to do homers when i worked there yet alone now.

prob with that idea dave is my drill tilts left n right and there isnt enough room to get to all the runners on manifold with out hitting drill neck, so i needa bigger drill press

need to get this done for nationals. its been sitting on my shelf for to long. mainly cause i ran out of gear to finish it off, going to need to find me a new alloy welder also.

because i decided it was easier to drill a hole in the runner, put boss in and just die grind the excess of it off and shape to inside of runner then some how shape a 19mm round boss to sit on a curved surface at 30 degrees, weld it on and then still need to drill a hole up the middle of it into the runner.

^ thats what I was thinking, angle is in the boss isn't it? big enough hole so the injector is not shrouded and your away?

Oh and outboards sounds good :) good luck with tuning idle though

there is no angle on the boss. i dunno have i picked the hard way to do this.