NicT's Trueno Notch

4AG_Addict

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, what length have you gone for on the headers? It looks like number 1 doesnt have as many bends as the others - does that have any implications ie slightly less pressure drop for that pipe.

Number 1 is missing 30 degrees of bend compared to the rest. These headers are an experiment at this stage and only the dyno will truely tell if what i have done is good or a massive mistake haha.

If they work out i may make a second set out of stainless, and relocate my battery and run 1 straight out further then follow the same principles as the rest of the pipes.\

looking good. where do i place my order?

Haha, i really enjoy building them i just hope they work.

Ah yeah that would look sweet. Ill be interested in your dyno results, giz a recap on primary runner length vs power band?

http://dairally.net/daihard/chas/MiscCa ... iPipes.htm i used this site, fed all the information into it for trying to get peak torque at 7800, then used the 3rd harmonic of exhaust runner length.

I also cross referenced this against a book i borrowed off an engine builder who tunes A15 datsun race motors for stock cars. I wish i remembered the name of the book but i have its name writern down here somewhere.

From the calculations in that it recomended a runner length of 620 and that website i linked recomended 520mm from the information i put into it so i compromised and made it a length between them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm getting all emotional here, sad times.

Got anything else lined up project wise?

I was pretty gutted about parting it out too. But i talked to many many people about how ive damaged the chassis and its not cheap to fix. I was going to just use it as a hack but this new 'misstress' came up at such a good price with such good opportunity i couldnt resist her sexy older lines.

Now ive pulled the guards off the shell tho i am not as gutted about it ending its life this way. The passangers chassis rail was covered in bog, the A piller under the passangers guard looks like a patchwork quilt that i was able to jam my screw drive thru most of. Chassis ends look like termites have got to it.

Just things i never noticed before cause gearbox/panels were in the way and i never removed them.

I had a Rx4 coupe once, it was red, factory 13b and four speed. Mint inside and out, I paid 3k for it at Auction. One warrant got knocked back for rust in the lower drivers A pillar. Got it fixed, took it back, the mechanic said "I passed it on the rust I did see repaired, the rust I didn't see .. whoa, dont bring it back" Being 18 I was like "what a dick, it's mint he's full of it",

Being the cautious sort, his comment sorta stuck with me (he was after all a well known rally driver), so I went about fish-oiling it, took the front guards off, got the shock of my life there were NO box sections anymore, started really checking it out with a screw driver, the entire chassis was shot, the rails under it, the sills, under that beautiful paint job was atleast 10lts of bog and a fuck load of rust. Sold it pretty fast for $3800.

It was so bad, we think it must have been for a long swim at some point.