wheel bearing noise?

LingLing

ok, it is that kind of time again. my car is sick..

This time is the front wheel rolling noise, i think it's the driver side.

it only happens when I drive above 30-40kms, the noise becomes bigger on motorway.

The frequency of the noise is directly proportional to the speed i drive/the speed of the wheel turns.

So guys, fix or wreck?

what kind of noise??

im my experiance usually a wheel bearing tends to give off a wop wop wop sound whens it is on it way out it also generally gets louder when the wieght is taken off that race.

but back to noises , more specifics man the more info there is theeasier it is to cross of things like loose hubcaps wheel nuts etc etc

Jack it up and spin the wheel, plus wobble it to check for movement. Should be able to tell if its the wheel bearing. Handy tip is lean a metal bar on a suspension component - this will allow you to feel/hear the bearing easier if it is gone.

Jack up front of car, check wheel for play, and ball joints as mentioned.

Also then spin wheel and hold your hand on the strut slash wishbone and see if you can feel any vibration.

then if it is wheel bearing, which is most likly. fix, a I have no idea what car you have again haha

Allan

Make sure its not a tyre by fitting spare or by swapping wheels front to rear.

If its the bearing buy a second hand hub, easier and cheaper considering the value of your car.

If you decide to wreck it, good. Our one was flood damaged in the quake and I could used some electrical bits. haha