s15 turbos, decent?

zep

I'm starting to think that the GT2871R might be out of my price range. But I do need a new turbo.

How does the T28 (?) from an s15 SR20DET go? Will it be a decent upgrade from this RB25DET T3?

Also, there seem to be none on TradeMe, is there a good wreckers around that isn't too expensive?

Cheers.

not bad turbos, yea there a t28, can be pushed to ~200kw on a sr20 (bout 20psi), or slightly more on ones with bigger cams

s15 is the ball bearing version, s14 is a normal journal bearing version

i run one at 190kw... runs a T2 flange so different to T3 you already have?

i would say it will spool faster but be slightly more restrictive up top (more heat produced to make power) than the rb25det, surely a rb25det turbo would be worth stuff all? and save you having to do a re-tune

Well, I doubt that I'll make the same power as an SR20 with my engine. The RB25 turbo doesn't like getting pushed above 12-14psi, I'd like to go a little higher and I hear the s15 turbos are good for close to 18psi?

If tardme has none, try nzsilvias. Someone there is likely to have one.

I tried to log in there, it's fucked! Keeps telling me to update my profile but there are no required inputs.

good turbos, exspensive to rebuild being bb so make sure you use an oil restrictor.

Where do these go? I assumed my oil line would be small enough to act as a restrictor?