ladaspeeds CT90 of certain illegality

ThePog

So we are having another 'build something aws for nix' competitions at work, this time it is a sub 125cc motorbike with a $500 budget... so I bought 3 CT90's with 2 engines for $100 off TM. I then realised the engines weren't that flash so bought another bottom end for another $100 and am using the 3 engines to build one goodun, but not looking all that flash at the mo, plus no guarantee that the gearbox or bottom end is any good, but fuck it. I have stripped and wirebrushed the frame and cut back the rear guard so far. I will probably extend the rear swingarm and give the head a wee bit of rake.... 8)

Going to need a fair bit more stuff though, rectifier/brake lever/carb/rear sprocket/battery/tyres/chain/piston rings/etc etc...

I would like to think that it will be legal at some point, fuck knows how tho.

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

And it will end up sort of like this except an infinity less blue and shiny;

ct.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck if I could find a shield like that I would put it on...

Have done progress on this, engine is nearly back together and frame has been stripped and painted. The entire front hub brake cavity was totally filled with grease for some peculiar reason so need brake shoes too.

I have an epically stupid looking helmet already, also massively illegal probly, I will show it to you if you talk nicely

edit, I have been looking for a wee headlamp like that for a while, please supply.

smeary pic of where it is at

Bike.jpg

Has been half assed wirebrushed then had 2 coats of brushed on housepaint - makes for a mean texture :pukeright:

I have so much other shit to sort out for now that I cant be fucked with the rake and swingarm extension, will look at that when my other insurmountable problems are solved.

my air conditioned helmet

Fiat002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the wheels are sorted (thanks be to CUL8R = GC)

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

It fell off that bench during the earthquake, I gave it a jiggle that morning and thought 'might be an aftershock...? who gives a fuck it'll be sweet'. It munted the handlebar/speedo mount, but that will come out with a bit of 'smack-O-hammer'. Fortunately it completely missed the Fiat in it's travels.

The tyres are $29 trade me specials, I hold no great hope for their wear, handling, grip or roundness abilities. They do have the major advantage of being black, holding air and being within the build budget. I had to redo many spokes on the rear wheel with spokes from one of my other spare rims, that was a bit of a mission..

I cut the rust out of the bottom of the petrol tank thinking it was just an outer skin. It wasnt, so I spent the next hour laying down fat ugly weld over the edges of the patch until there were no leaks. This is extremely lumpy and ugly so I will solve the problem by covering it with paint.

• 3 weeks later...