Radiator on an angle

coldturkey

Fan direction doesnt matter too much IMO, because the fan generally only does something at low speeds anyway.

At low speeds there's only a small pressure differential between one side of the radiator and the other. (which is where blanking off the sides helps)

My fan is running in the correct direction...

If I run an electric fan with the standard radiator then I might only be able to fit it on the front. Then of course I would make it "push" instead of "pull". But im thinking this would obstruct the airflow significantly cause the fan would cover the whole radiator.

The radiator on there at the moment is quite thin. It has already collected half of the country's bee and fly population which makes me think there is significant air going through it.

I think you are overthinking it. I have an obstructive factory fan on the front of my radiator and it works perfectly fine. It also see's very little airflow, being a Chevette - not the biggest air dam in the world, and no grill between the headlights.

Being on an angle shouldn't have any huge adverse affects.

I'm thinking it is more likely to be a problem with how it is plumed, causing air locks or similar. Possibly an issue with the thermo, or cap. You can use an inline filler cap like I've used in my Chevette to ensure the filler is at the highest point. This is very important to illiminate air locks, as you're probably aware.

Im pretty sure ive got all the air out of the system now, it pretty much will warm up and then sit at the same temperature no matter what. But it just sits slightly higher then it used to. I did change the thermostat when I changed the radiator so its possible its just a slightly different temperature. I doubt it is of any major concern though.

And then add some water wetter :)

Next time I will source my water from the southern alps instead of the hamilton tap water supply :lol:

or here if you thought i was pulling the piss

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10

"Reduces or eliminates bubbles or vapor barrier that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°"

Can be purchased of the shelf at the likes of BNT