Dans '86 Mazda 323 AKA BFMR

wrcbfmr

got it running on wed night... worked 50 hours on it in the space of 5 days... didnt go to sleep till before 12 every night except one night... 12 hour days on the weekends....

sounds like a rotary haha, might be the excessive overlap on the cams... gonna be a beast once its done... realised that the only reason it wouldnt idle was because we'd left a bolt in the idle control valve while testing the map sensor during ms2 install... purrs at 600rpm now even while cold! so stoked...

vids..... two year old fuel, new cams, cambelt, 800cc injectors, new TB and TPS, wasted spark ignition, a base tune, no wideband hooked up, no exhaust or i/c piping... and this is how it starts!

second run with a few revs....

haha cheers guys... so stoked. I/C piping and exhaust sorted today, along with wideband sensor. started it up, clouds of black smoke out the back, pulled the fuel req in the megasquirt back from 3.4 to 2.8, so now shes back to idling allright, albeit lumpily... but think its still a bit rich. tomorrow will wire up the wideband so ive got a better idea of whats going on. gave it a blip on the throttle to about 3000rpm, and the bov was going, so for all those who thought this would spool like crap... i think you'll find your wrong haha (not on here... some of the amazd guys) possiblility of her first drive tomorrow... :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, got tune the alot better now, on boost its got a solid afr of 12.5, still taking fuel out of the lower rpms, sooo sick of cleaning up the fouled plugs (oven cleaner ftw) went for a bit of a thrash out maraetai the other day, even with two other people in the car, damn its quick. as quick if not quicker than it used to be before, so around 150kw at all four wheels, and only running 9 psi atm... 20psi is going to be....interesting. bye bye gearbox!

yeah, i know a guy thats trying to get rid of a set though. ha yeah ive got two spares here too... gonna be needing them. yeah mate of mines got a gt4 box on his gtr, he's got a crapload of spare parts, so when the time comes will be handy for figuring out what shafts etc to use...

• 4 weeks later...

well, got bored tonight. pulled off the hubs and brake lines, gonna look at sorting out the mazda sentia master cylinder tomorrow night, then on with the stainless lines and vr4 brakes. also scored a bosch 040 fuel pump so hopefully itll be a case of chucking that in and no more issues for me!

fuel pumps... bosch on the left, stock in the middle... toy walbro on the right. no wonder they have issues....

bosch044.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

after ripping out the fuel tank cause it was ful of crap and fouling up the pump ive got it back in now and back to running, been for a few canes around the block, so back to tuning, its still lean as heck so bloody quick on boost lol but need more tuning, oh and missing a rear muffler. please excuse the crappy sound quality!