Dans '86 Mazda 323 AKA BFMR

wrcbfmr

Right well I've been directed to this site by some bum who's randomly been staying at mine for the last few months (Fred) so thought i'd see what its all about. My current project is this... Was originally built and owned by Fabian Coulthard the V8 driver (and the guy that had the epic crash last bathurst)

p1000449tz6.jpg

had it dyno'd about a year and a half ago, 150kw ATW. with this setup...

p1000453yb1.jpg

p1000452as0.jpg

was running forged pistons, an OLD e6a haltech, that massive old garret turbo off an early 80's thunderbird, bigger intercooler etc etc. anyway, i decided i wanted a new manifold, got a bit carried away and all of a sudden the car became this...

phto0072.jpg

camsandbelt.jpg

and stayed like this for quite some time.

have also done the galant brake upgrade, stock brakes are crap, and mounted on the inside of the hub which makes changing discs a pain....

so lathed down the stock hub to fit the bigger slotted discs, will be using mazda GTX calipers, also braided lines. have to use mx6 studs to allow for the extra length needed

picture011tt4.jpg

picture009vp2.jpg

picture008ay6.jpg

braidedlinesri6.jpg

also upgrading to the larger 1" master cylinder off a mazda GTR for better pedal pressure

full set of custom racing logic coil over suspension has been put in too...

newadjusties.jpg

photo0170f.jpg

picked up a genuine GTAE front bumper for it too, which should hide everything nicely, and still look the buis...

p1000886ky2.jpg

and the old seats were had it and uncomfortable as hell so got some recaro's out of a bighorn and chucked them in...

image003jp5.jpg

so yeah, pretty much at the stage where we're almost ready to start wiring in the new MS2, just need to do a bit more fab work and mount the i/c and radiator. then we're ready to rock and roll with the tuning side of things. which will be done by me and the infamous fred haha. hope to have it going in two weeks time but that may be pushing it a bit....

haha, more like WAS pretty tidy, my mate owned it before me, "stockified it" ie.. ripped out the roll cage and some other bits so his mrs could drive it... she then proceeded to do things like reverse into poles... drive into curbs, etc. biggest thing is to get it going first though! but yeah its not bad, just needs some tidying up.... :wink: Haha, as for mitsi parts, well yeah haha. keep an eye on this, hoping to put an evo box on it at some stage. gonna smash through boxes like nobody's buisness now. got two spares in the garage haha

where is orion? this thing will be sweeet.

ha i know ed too, im another amazd member. gave him my old loom (something else i did, when they wired up the haltech they left all the old plugs and engine loom in there just hanging around so pulled all that stuff out too) :)

yeah i love them eh, good old 80's icon. na not yet, will be road tuning but have a dyno day some time next month so will see what she puts out then. if the gearbox/s last till then! :lol: hoping for car to be running over the next few weeks... going to be interesting how it goes re lag etc. should be okay i think, hard to tell as i don't know of many worked b6t's around

Two dead Mazdas in one garage, both slow (stationary), I wonder which will be faster in 2 weeks time? Mine has an ECU and no engine. Yours has an engine and no ECU. Gissa race? Rolling start (so I have traction and your gearbox holds together!) straight line (because the ute doesn't like going around corners (without over or understeer) at the moment...).

Two dead Mazdas in one garage, both slow (stationary), I wonder which will be faster in 2 weeks time? Mine has an ECU and no engine. Yours has an engine and no ECU. Gissa race? Rolling start (so I have traction and your gearbox holds together!) straight line (because the ute doesn't like going around corners (without over or understeer) at the moment...).

rolling start.... and by that i mean ROLLING not like start at 50kph lol :P its on.... we need someone to video. in a non public completely legal manner of course..... :wink:

here's a vid of car on the dyno... mines on about 2mins in

here's the dyno sheet... check out the afr! overboost much...

p1000870xv9.jpg

this was old setup on 360cc injectors. about the time i decided to start changing things. never planned to go this far though!

• 1 month later...

well... radiators mounted now, mocked up i/c piping to take to my mate to wield up at work... just got some final welding to do on the exhaust, install the ms2 and some minor dash wiring (who needs it haha) and she'll be all go...will try and get it going for the next meet!

radiatormount.jpg

plumbedup3.jpg

plumbedup1.jpg

plumbedup2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

this is what i got done over the weekend....

dash back in, all dash lights working and hooked up, relays in for ecu, fuel pump, peak and hold injector box and coils, fused as well. most of the wiring will get redone once ive got round to tidying it all up and checked it all works and no changes are needed (ie heat shrunk and shortened, grouped into numbered plugs, hidden and cable-tied away....)

Relays

photo0303mv.jpg

Flux capacitor :lol:

photo0300.jpg

wires all labelled for wasted spark signals from ecu

photo0301y.jpg

dash back in

photo0289b.jpg