Hammeet, Wednesday 22nd of Dec 2010

mikuni

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still all go, and we have had a backup indoor venue kindly offered to us, should the weather go downhill (it's not too bad at the moment).

At this stage its still at the Gardens, so meet everyone there after 6 and will decide whether we stay with it from there.

Hi Guys, Great night out. Thanks everyone for making a Jafa feel welcome in Hamilton. it was really great to chat Avengers with some of the other Avenger nutters. Hunted it was cool to see your stock 1300 super, it is a tidy little car and really original, if a little high. Yowser hurry up and get one of your Avengers back on the road so we can have a little Avenger cruise.

I got a bit carried away chatting to Yowser about cars so I had to hoof it on the way home, got back to the North shore of Auckland by midnight so I made pretty good time on the way back, weather was really good on the way back, totally stopped raining and got some clear skies so it was a great night for a little night drive.

here are some pictures of the mighty Avengers parked together. Stock Vs customised.

P1030130.jpg

P1030131.jpg

P1030134.jpg

P1030138.jpg

P1030139.jpg

P1030141.jpg

P1030143.jpg

P1030144.jpg

P1030146.jpg

P1030147.jpg

P1030149.jpg

P1030152.jpg

Yeah it is pretty crazy the difference. I forget how much work I have done on the Avenger until I see it next to a stock Avenger.

Yours reminds me of my race car when I brought that back in the mid 90's. It was a stock 1980 1.3GL with the same steel rims and hub caps as yours. mine so didn't pull off the hub cap look being that ugly cream colour but I think you wheels look awesome with the black steel rim and the hub caps.

Still need to go for a ride in yours so see what the power difference is like. what did you think of my engine vs stock after going for a ride in it? I was aiming for about double the power of stock.

here a picture of mine 1980 when I got it. This photo was taken in 1999 just before I turned it in to a race car.

original.jpg

The first thing you need to do bud, is remove that dealer moulding strip. Stupid 70's dealer bullshit.

yeh i thikn its look stupid, the lines of the car are so much different without it. not sure if its just stuck on or clipped on however. clips would be a cunt ie leaves holes.

having seen *insert avengas name here * (cant remember it sorry haha) car, it has made me re3alsie mine needs low and wider wheels asap. thinking hotwires. yowzer, sell me yours

yeh i thikn its look stupid, the lines of the car are so much different without it. not sure if its just stuck on or clipped on however. clips would be a cunt ie leaves holes.

having seen Richard's car, it has made me re3alsie mine needs low and wider wheels asap. thinking hotwires. yowzer, sell me yours

The strip should be just glued on. My Avenger wagon and a few parts cars had strips on them and they were all just stuck on with glue, but the were all post facelift Chrysler Avengers, don't know if the did it differently on the hillmans.

Hotwires look mint on an Avenger. here is some shots of my race car when I just got my hotwires with fat eager tyres on it. it was still stupidly high. Sorry about the crap picture quality, these are taken in 1999 with my first digital camera, it was really rubbish.

mags1.jpg

mags2.jpg

And this is how they look once it was lowered

avenger011.jpg