Voldo's 1990 Citroen BX 16v

BobbyBreeze

Drove this wee beasty from Auckland>Christchurch over the last 2 days. Such a sweet car. Huge thanks to Pete for finding/buying it and then passing it on to me + all the work he did on it + petrol/LHM that was in it. Mega GC.

The car didn't miss a beat apart from fuel gauge sticky (which is slowely fixing itself) and a small LHM leak from the front height corrector. In my stop off in Wellington I jacked her up and re hose-clamped a return. Also found another leaking return which split with a small amount of force - so now has a metal tube + rubber hose and clamps replacing it. Not the easiest place to get it to, but not expensive fixes.

qsw514.jpg

img2640p.jpg

img2649u.jpg

img2657n.jpg

img2659t.jpg

Really impressed with it. Super easy to drive. Motor is honda as too. Actually could mistake it for b16a.

Plans are fix it, then some minor modifications. These motors are super easy to get power out of so wouldn't mind chucking in some cams or something and bump it up to around 200hp and scare some type-R's. Also keen to shorten stuts so it lays frame.

I think Joe has just taken bumps out of his, which drops them another inch or so. Should be fairly easy to shorten struts/rear pushrod thingee's and reset the height correctors.

Yep can drive in any height setting.

Dash is fairly normal as its a Phase2 BX. Ken for drum styles speedo but they are one the Phase1's.

joe's got an exploded pic of strut in his project thread on the frog.

these are sweet whips. love the infulx of them into weirdos lives.

sadly these are choice but lack alot of the quirkyness of other citroens. they're heavily psa by this stage.

interiors are made of chocolate, but aside of that they're solid. galvanized bodies etc. only rot in a couple of places, and the engines last forever exceopt if they blow a headgasket.

valve stem seals and guides are more consumable than mitsi items.

I've got one of hese engines that's one 320k and still has honemarks in bores. bottom ends are more solid than phil's diddle when he sees somebody posting with bad grammar.

grouse engines, and if you blow it up, all is not lost because the rocker cover is magnesium and made by stihl so you can burn it and make chainsaw noises.

look after it :) these are sweet cars which are sadly becoming rarer by the day as people choose to scrap them and/or not look after them. the french never did paint well so the fact yo've got one that looks mint is a pretty cool thing, especially for the price!

awesome

citroen fo' lyfe.

Definately will be looked after. Its one of those cars that isn't worth a lot, but is somewhat collectable.

Motor seems to be running pretty well, still goes like a cut cat. I'm just worried about the cambelt really. Don't want to rape it too hard until its got a new one in it.

Noticed the interior creeks + rattles a lot...

joe's got an exploded pic of strut in his project thread on the frog.

these are sweet whips. love the infulx of them into weirdos lives.

sadly these are choice but lack alot of the quirkyness of other citroens. they're heavily psa by this stage.

interiors are made of chocolate, but aside of that they're solid. galvanized bodies etc. only rot in a couple of places, and the engines last forever exceopt if they blow a headgasket.

valve stem seals and guides are more consumable than mitsi items.

I've got one of hese engines that's one 320k and still has honemarks in bores. bottom ends are more solid than phil's diddle when he sees somebody posting with bad grammar.

grouse engines, and if you blow it up, all is not lost because the rocker cover is magnesium and made by stihl so you can burn it and make chainsaw noises.

look after it :) these are sweet cars which are sadly becoming rarer by the day as people choose to scrap them and/or not look after them. the french never did paint well so the fact yo've got one that looks mint is a pretty cool thing, especially for the price!

awesome

citroen fo' lyfe.

shit i lol'd crackup os takeover of citroen owners guild