Fuel in carb & inlet mani, but not getting to Engine.4g63

efp0wa

Went to start engine...had to fuck around with getting spark again (like i've had dramas with in the past).

It won't fucking start!!! Carby is getting fuel. But once I remove a couple of spark plugs they are dry. Like there is no fuel getting into the engine itself...FML.

I thought maybe dizzy way 180 out so I turned it around. Still not go. Not that that would matter seeing as I'm getting spark. I'm feeling pretty bummed. Why would fuel not be getting to the motor...?

PLEASEESE help

Probably is a blocked throttle pump and (like you said) no choke.

My 4g54 blocked the throttle pump with a tiny piece of something small and combined with no choke there was no way to get fuel into the motor on start up.

I just cleaned it out and have to pump it on start up.

Ok guys,

Tried the engine start spray, still no good.

So I removed the carb to give it a clean up.

There IS fuel sitting in the inlet manifold under where the carb mounts onto the manifold; seems its not getting drawn into the motor...

Now...Is it possible I could have the cam timing out by like 180degree? Or something along those lines. All the markings lined up when the cam belt was installed. I'm feeling stumped :rolleyes:

ALRIGHT. Gotten a bit further!

Put carb back on inlet with all hoses required etc. Also changed to a different distributor & coil.

Went to fire her up and BANG. Like a shotgun was so loud I almost shat myself as I wasn't expecting it!! Obviously all that unburnt fuel/engine start sitting in the manifold finally ignitied. Turned her over a bit more but was popping away like the ignition timing was wrong.

Pulled dizzy out and turned it to next setting, but that wasn't right (wanted to start but seemed like it was firing at the wrong time). So going to try the other 2. Can't find my timing light which is a bitch! Anyway jsut went a got some woodys and now I'll try again :-) Wish me luck.