R100's HQ of gizz

Jase

My brain doesnt understand how moving the wheel center will change the wheel to caliper clearance?

Surely it will still be exactly the same just the rest of the wheel now sits further out, what it needs is more "meat" added to the mounting face of the rim (like a spacer)

This is correct. Normally one could just fit a spacer but i need to move the wheel center out approx 25mm aswell as fitting a 25mm spacer to give the hub more "meat"

Not when you've already shortened/made custom upper and lower control arms and tie rods, plus if they get to short you lose all suspension travel and room for airbags.

Narrowing chassis rails is another option but would be a major in a unibody car and you'd run into all sorts of bump steer issues

Cheers

Matt

Not when you've already shortened/made custom upper and lower control arms and tie rods, plus if they get to short you lose all suspension travel and room for airbags.

Narrowing chassis rails is another option but would be a major in a unibody car and you'd run into all sorts of bump steer issues

Cheers

Matt

What he said ^  the wheel track has already been narrowed up 30mm each side already. 

Simplest solution i came up with was to drop the mags off at arrow wheels. They tell me they have and do this sort of thing all the time. Theres just a big weld around the inside of the mag that needs to be machined/ lathed off. Move the spokes towards the outer part of the rim 25mm or there abouts and re-weld.   Not sure what they will charge me as yet. If its too much then i may  just order some new front wheels from America. 

Could then put the old ones on a caravan to match. 

Beetle is a 61. Completely stock standard. Still 6 volt. All i plan to do to it in the near future is lower it with a set of period looking wheels. Told my 3 year old it will be his one day. He thinks its cool !

• Like 1

Thought id chuck the engine a trans conversion on trade me. 

As things have changed and progressed the 304 isnt ideally what i want.

Would like a lumpy chevy with auto.

Not sure what exactly, small block most likely unless i can get an alloy bigblock.

• 7 months later...