10 Speed's got a problem Puch Maxi N

10Speed

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plans convert to top tank stlye frame, and try to figure out how to get a variated transmission - currently its just a one speed...

kind of a cross between:

dsc4764tn5.jpg

p6100006.jpg

looking for a yamaha/minarelli jog engine to see if I can cut/machine the tunnel of and make adapting plates for my frame...

unless anyone can think of a better way to get variation?

http://www.treatland.tv/puch-70cc-cylin ... -party.htm

i had that kit, although the die grinder was taken to some areas :D

also pack the base of the crank cases, its not like the gaps are needed anayway :lol:

big front facing carb and a long skinny expansion chamber will see you right

was hitting 55mph (from a stock 27) on std gearing but shit did it move once it got into its happy zone. over taking cars when moving from 30 to 40 zones :badgrin:

ahhhh good times

yeah it must be, they feel pretty small with those regular bars... think rear pegs might be in order when I fit the clip ons

on another note, rear transmission from a Vespa caio has been orderd off ebay this morning...

wanted to get the mags, but won't work with rear transmission - need to lace a larger rim on as it is... and I think monsters might look a bit odd with the equivalent of a 21inch bike wheel in them... though I do have a spare set of 66's at home...

that orange one has after market moped specific forks which is probably what I will end up with...

puch-EBR-forks-maxi-black-hydr-2.jpg

heaps cheaper than mtb forks as well, is quite funny in the moped forums people slating anyone who fits any bicycle part to a moped. They all seems to believe its inferior to 30yo oem stuff... no one thinks my DM24's are safe...

• 2 weeks later...