10 Speed's got a problem Puch Maxi N

10Speed

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

so was out in the shed swapping the variated transmission out of the Vespa (went back to single speed so I can rebuild other) and I saw the Puch sitting in the corner and thought I should so something to it...

so removed the engine - not much but at least its a start

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

will strip the rest of the frame tomorrow night hopefully...

now that I have entered a comp (http://irishjon-greasemonkeygrinderfest.blogspot.com/), I have 5 months to get it built. Which means I have changed plans slightly...

Bike will now get a rebuilt Puch engine, and I am trying to decide if it will be a single speed or a 2 speed unit, either way it won't be my orginal engine which doesnt have a removable clutch cover and that would make tuning near impossible...

And as above Suzuki hydro forks (on the right in the pic below) which should make a huge difference over the stock spring only units, hope to be able to adapt some clip ons to them

I am on the hunt for some mag wheels now...

IMAG0149.jpg

putting the horse before the cart I have started thinking about colour schemes...

paz3.jpg

The orange bike is basically my inspiration, and has unfortunately 'stolen' my favourite bike colour (see my Nicolai)

so the lead contenders are:

yellow.jpg

gray.jpg

blue.jpg

thoughts?