Joe's boy scout chopper

Goat

Will scope them out. Checkin their site, the hookworms are 63 bux each

these are 38:

geax08_tyre_tattoo_large.jpg

couls be ballin. Although, bead to bead fread = fail

awesome bike man...

BTW if u put a crank and pedals on it u can actually legaly use it on the road...probably not worth it. just thought u might wanna know.

have u ridden it yet?

imho the tyres on it look awesome! very board tracker styled..maybe more dirt tracker actually.

the tyres i have on this bike project are very nice and grippy...not white walls but they are very cheap and seem very good. i got them from the bike barn for about 20 bux each from memory:

tumblr_kwotewIhKY1qzgjw2o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1264770806&Signature=py42dRv51DkDiqhKWWuA3N77iAI%3D

I have heard good things about these tyres as well and at 15 bux they are hard to beat:

http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/INTYMNNSL/title/INNOVA-MTB-Slick-Tyre

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^those tyres look choice. Will prob go for them and paint some whitewall on them...

Also, took it for a test ride/fail.

It need some super reduction gears. I have a plan, but it involves some machining, and i don't have access to a lathe until the weekend. Should be ok though, villiers has some minerals. Just not at salt lake spec gearing. hah

Will set up some reduction system tomorrow. Should be cone as then. WIll just need mudguards to stop rear wheel from eating shirt...

Its not that stable at walking speed and below.. :D

26inch wheels? highly recommend hookworms as the tire...

Dude... why?? have you ever ridden with them?? they have about as much grip as a water slide and need to be run at atleast 80psi (the casings are rated 110), in short they are a terrible tyre.

Re Kinpins Innova Slicks, have fun pulling glass out of your tyres and walking home atleast 3 times a week. They have grip, but are skinny and soft which = easy punctures. They would however suit the style of the bike very well i think so good suggestion 8) .

My 2c is go for maxxis Holy Rollers in something fat like a 2.35. These will destroy everything, but will change the style of the chopper so maybe not the best? :?

Also Maxxis Xenith would look sick as!!

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to source some chain. Aparently the old villiers chain is a really randome size.

It keeps throwing its small chain. Is really frustraiting.

Will keep battling with it. Took it for a jam. Apart from the small chain that kept failing. Its actually really well geared.

Goes about 30k with okish acceleration. The sprung seat is comfy as.

Choice