bubbles not so old school 1988 delta turbo

bubblegoose

car was outside the other day and it started to rain with the windows down, went to wind them up and the passenger one dropped off the regulator and the drivers one poped the fuse :lol: i fuken love it

AND..

got everything ready for respray next week, quick tidy up of doors ect and 2k white

total cost=$7.50

fuck i love my job

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be getting used to that sort of shit with Italian cars.

It is an order of magnitude more amusing when the car is not your daily though... if it is your daily it wears thin after the first 50 incidents/6 months - whichever comes first.

I wouldnt be without one though :D

ALSO

big hole in roof

photo0206gj.jpg

some time/welding/fire on boot carpet/removed the NAILS that hold the carpet down and took the carpet out later

photo0211h.jpg

slight warp but nothing im going to worry about, also killed the grinder hence the lumpiness underneath from teh not quite ground back welds :D

photo0207n.jpg

oh dear....my seats all dusty. roof has been done many, many..........manymanymany times before :lol: and appears to be previously red? maybe a roof cut at some stage

photo0210k.jpg

previous repair to bonnet was coming loose, some green cheeze will fix that

photo0209u.jpg

chips and scratches can leave now, note italianesque bog (green and red)

photo0208d.jpg

yeah this thing could do with a roof skin but im not going that far into it, its supposed to be a quick fix daily and has already turned into paint everything daily :rolleyes:

worst be so far is the drivers door has rotted out at the bottom but is hidden by the rubber so that can stay hidden for now :D this thing needs to be OTR and legit by wednesday :lol:

just a pain in the arse messy job of changing old brake pads on a smelly itailan car, i just know its not going to be a walk in tha park/ will end up needing full brake system

also failed on handbrake warning light but i fixed that while he was writing the fail sheet

also. steve, you must be quite popular or people realy like this car, on my short trip to and from the wof station 3 people beeped and waved and i have no clue who they were

also. steve, you must be quite popular or people realy like this car, on my short trip to and from the wof station 3 people beeped and waved and i have no clue who they were

What were they waving?? :D What's wrong with the brakes? Mind you, the way they fade, you might be replacing the disks as well. Sorry rotors.

Looking good. Damn good. Just leave the Martini stripes off, eh?

nah, brake pads on these/most fiats/lancias are a piece of piss. about 5 min job per wheel once its on stands wheels off.

get omp streetsport ones, thomson motors sells them.

I hope the rear brake regulator is ok - I had mine seize up and it was a shit of a thing to change. but yeah I dont get why the pedal travel is so much on these, I bled the brakes about 5 times and mine is still pretty average, they work ok but just feel poo. the 124 on the other hand had a leaky rear brake reg for years and the pedal still felt great (although it would go down a bit if you held the pressure for a long time).

there is nothing wrong with the brakes they feel fine to me, better than the bmw ones. got it up to 60k and locked up all 4 wheels fronts locked just before the rears

got some pads to pick up tomorrow just some tsw's they seem to do the job on most cars and a guy i know uses them in his race aw11 of similar hp and hopefully the discs are meaty enough to take one more set of pads

paints not so good, i was too dark in the cave to see what i was going so has quite a few runs

if the cunt still argues about the brakes tomorrow ill take him out and show him that they work

maybe demonstrate the lack of grip in 3rd gear aswell :lol:

Check the bushes in the linkage bar from pedal box over to the master cylinder, mine had heaps of play there, assuming that's the type of play the WOF man is talking about..

BTW i have a windscreen wiper motor/mechanism for a dedra/delta if yours ever craaps out.