bubbles not so old school 1988 delta turbo

bubblegoose

just picked this up from steve today and im already in love :lol:

16133_236148934765_530014765_4138494_4421508_n.jpg

has a rusty tail gate with worn hinges, lifted the gate up when i got home and opened up a massive bogged up rust hole in the back of the roof........oh well :rolleyes:

16133_236150214765_530014765_4138495_807040_n.jpg

taking the tail gate to work on monday to fix up and will do the roof when i find some new boot hinges

going to give it a massive service when she passed the wof, cambelt, water pump ect. need to fix the alarm and a few other niggly bits but all in all pretty good for a lancia

going to keep this relatively stock and not destroy it like the lancer, anything i change will be reversible and original parts kept

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice although if thats the car I think it is i hope you didn't pay too much - although it sounds like you found out already.

not mega fast but so fun to just boost around everywhere in que turbo whistles and noises etc.

also go buy a huge pack of fish oil from supercheap and give it a masssive dose, inside sills and chassi raises, door jams, inside doors, corners of the engine bay etc. etc etc.

also go buy a huge pack of fish oil from supercheap and give it a masssive dose, inside sills and chassi raises, door jams, inside doors, corners of the engine bay etc. etc etc.

too late for that i think :rolleyes: and no it was pretty cheap

also apart from the boot roof and doors what other surprises are held in this little euro cheese box?

not going rust hunting but would be nice to know

Nice, check around the front strut towers for cracks, and also around the bottom of the rain tray, 2 prime areas for rust.

Be ready for random italianess at the most inconvenient time. Mine used to open all the injectors when trying to start it sometimes, totally flooded the engine at the mst inoportune time. I also had electrics issues, headlight switch was pretty dodge in mine, every now and then a burning electric smell was followed by total darkness. Also if you want to see something pretty cool but a little scary, have a look in behind the heater controls etc, all the little pilot lamps are fibre optics from one light source.

going to fix the rust in the roof and tailgate for now, will tidy the doors up when i give it a service mid jan. found a hole in the engine bay near the airfilter ive renamed it a cold air duct so i can ignore that one. haven't looked anywhere else really the 3inch hole in the back of the roof is enough for now :lol:

So does it run? What;s it like to drive? These are 4wd?

this is the 1.6 turbo FWD. the 4WD 2L turbo ones have 4x round headlights and flared wheelarches (apart from the very first ones which they didnt make many of) among many other differences.

140hp/200ish Nm, about 1000kg reasonable hot hatch type handling on the limit, understeer in lift off oversteer out

around town pretty nippy and responsive steering (no power steer) what I think is fun at least. worst point apart from rust would be the brakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that bog Joe... didn't know honest - I pointed out all the bits I know. Another classic is the drain for the sunroof blocking, which is fun when it empties itself over your head. As I said, brakes fade badly. Got some PDF manuals around somewhere, although I think they're inty ones. If you get stuck - which I doubt - I've got loads of Lancia contacts back in the UK.

Best bit is when the turbo gets well worn... dump loads of fuel into the exhaust, lift off flamethrower.

Been reading the regs on how to get my old inty into the country... 1991 16v. Nearly 20!

Sorry about that bog Joe... didn't know honest - I pointed out all the bits I know. Another classic is the drain for the sunroof blocking, which is fun when it empties itself over your head. As I said, brakes fade badly. Got some PDF manuals around somewhere, although I think they're inty ones. If you get stuck - which I doubt - I've got loads of Lancia contacts back in the UK.

Best bit is when the turbo gets well worn... dump loads of fuel into the exhaust, lift off flamethrower.

Been reading the regs on how to get my old inty into the country... 1991 16v. Nearly 20!

nah dude - they have locked it at Dec. 31st 1989 now........

so for a '91 you have to go the way of SIV's but unsure if LHD is ok or not atm. as I almost aquired something at xmas but didn't have time to sus the new regs.