chip in one of my cam bucket

Southern Hardstyle

out of a 2.3 slant 4, was told by the neighbour (ex-engineer, the wise old man on old school cars) that it wouldnt need to be changed, just wondering if it will make the engine run crap or not..dimensions of the chip or the whole cam bucket? old english slant 4's people. Still got a few more parts to gather for it mind you

well the cam will run on the center and in a circular pattern (should see the marks)

but having that missing is just asking to have disintegrate on you and that could make a mess. so a not common engine???

you could keep it running if you want but yea i personally reccomend it / my

if the cam lobe makes contact with it in any way then you would want to change it, but if it's miles away from where the cam lobe touches it then it would be sweet. Bear in mind the bucket rotates as the engine runs too, so just double check on all degrees of rotation of the bucket that the chip clears the lobe.

out of a 2.3 slant 4, was told by the neighbour (ex-engineer, the wise old man on old school cars) that it wouldnt need to be changed, just wondering if it will make the engine run crap or not..dimensions of the chip or the whole cam bucket? old english slant 4's people. Still got a few more parts to gather for it mind you

engine is a 2.3 from a bedford, is a possibility to get more cam buckets, dont know if he will sell them without the cam box but i can always try.

i would grind a chamfer right around the edge so there is no stress concentration point if,

A) you absolutely can not get another one, and

B) the depth of the chamfer required will not effect the operation of the cam.

otherwise, replace it. i refuse to believe a bucket for such a common engine is unobtainable.

sheepers.