L200 engine Transplant,HELP!

abikenut29

Wow thats nice to get some information,awesome.

Yes its still the 4 speeder.

So your saying the 4g52 2 wheel with 4 wheel sump will do the trick?

Or 4g54 with standard sump(i found one of them to,but at a price).

The other option is to change the engine and gearbox to 2wd 5 speed but ill rather have the 4wd running.

Any one else shed some light?

Thanks again!!

may I introduce Phil / Fuel..

Fuel is at the snow - I was wondering why he wasn't jumping on all the mitsi tech threads.

Wow thats nice to get some information,awesome.

Yes its still the 4 speeder.

So your saying the 4g52 2 wheel with 4 wheel sump will do the trick?

Or 4g54 with standard sump(i found one of them to,but at a price).

The other option is to change the engine and gearbox to 2wd 5 speed but ill rather have the 4wd running.

Any one else shed some light?

Thanks again!!

On this forum we have a Mitsubishi encyclopedia that likes to be refered to as fuel/phil/phallus and he can answer just about any question Mitsi related. He's away at the moment but if you can hold on for a week I'm sure all your questions will be answered.

Yeap. Or, if you are in a hurry you could always use the helpful forum search function.

I'd think you could find an answer as to what engine are the same quite quickly, but perhaps not too much information on the 4x4 side of things.

search.php?keywords=4g52&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Dont know about the 4x4 l200's, but my 2wd 4g52 was narrow block.

If yours is the same , it means a 4g54 wont fit, neither will any RWD turbo 4g63's.

However, non turbo twd 4g63's, and all fwd 4g63's will be fine and an easy as hell swap.

I have heard that 4wd mitsy stuff from that era was all wideblock though, but no one can ever really give you a straight answer. Measure the distance between your top two and bottom two bellhousing bolts and post it up, that'll sort it, and will determine your selection of easy to swap in motors.

Yip you got it,opinions are many and varied,once ive got the motor out ill measure it up.

Between dirtbikes and cars theres more than enough to do on any given day(off).

Your shitten me the fwd bolt in??Well once i find the right one anyway.

Your a helpful lot,

Thered be a box of beer in this if anyone lived in the same town,

Because we all know how shipping prices are these days..

Yip narrow block so no diesel conversion.

4G54 from Magna's etc, Cordia 4G62, Sigma 4g63, Evo motor maybe.

I'm no fan of the 54 motor but its no sportscar like the yanks getting power in their Starions.

(which they do better than us with the sohc 63's) The extra torque would be nice in this application.

If you change the gearbox you will be looking at a different range of engines, Pajero/l200/Starion

Ok Guys from what i can see with the engine still mounted the top bellhousing bolts are 130ish mm apart and the bottom (threads facing inward toward centre)330ish.

Does that sound like the wide version gearbox 2 you all?

If that doesnt make sense ill have a better look when im off work(dark when i go and dark when i return at the mo)