hilux diff conversion

BIG A

Hopefully someone can help me on the matter.

I am using A hilux diff for my 1uz conversion and was going to go disc brakes. The question I need answering is how do I hook up the hand brake as I dont have a problem doing the disc set up its just the hand brake conversion side I'm not to sure about?

Doing Supra brakes on a Hilux diff at the moment might be finnished this weekend. Not sure what Supra there off guy supplied all the bits himself ma** he said cant remember. Should take piks I got the backing plate mounted on there just gota make up the caliper mounts. There internal drum to which is good I spose.

can probably hook you up with discs and calipers if your using 4x114.3

sorry using the five stud pattern and going for big brakes.

use a caliper with an intergral hand brake, do a search bud this came up just recently. ae92 calipers & various silvia disks depending on what stud pattern you use
Thanks

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Toyota/Diffs-axles/auction-237834916.htm

doesnt have diameter on it though, but u could ask.

am getting a surf rear with shock mounts for my viva spring rear end, reason for going hilux dshaft is i dont think the 1256 d shaft will handle tht much power, even tho it is a meaty as dshaft, will any hilux one work? and will i need to get a w55 dshaft yolk welded onto the end to fit onto the w55 box?

(should really start new thread as is getting off topic, but just like hijacking :badgrin: )

and tbh the viva driveshaft looks alot bigger and wider than tht hilux front one

also does anyone know if an auto rear diff is any longer/shorter than a manual rear diff? will have to get out and measure the viva driveshaft and when i get hilux housing see how much further the diff head wil sit back (if any) and then work from there, since the housing im getting is from a surf, fair enough to go for a surf rear driveshaft? hoping the bolt hole spacing is the same

Dono if this old thread is any use

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19158&hilit=hilux

Going back to the original question of how to do the handbrake linkages

037-1.jpg

Anyone got any more useful pics / ideas similar to this?

So the one above must be done in that it has a floating cable with a thread in the middle that you adjust to change tension?

• 2 weeks later...