anyone a 4l ford master?

Kingpin

i just bought an EA falcon wagon and it drives nice till u put your foot down.

anything over about 2000 rpm and it seems to choke and bog down....

tried adjusting the timing last night and got it so that it will now rev freely in park but still does the same thing under any sort of load...

i can drive it anywhere, even up the gorge, thanks to the massive amount of torque these engines make but would like to be able to over take and not take 10 minutes to get to 100km on the motorway!

im thinking it might be the mechanical or vacuum advance???

anyone got any ideas?

is the dizzy the type with a module?if so give it a clean with crc and dry it...

if not...then disregard :rolleyes:

what will the module look like?

i have been driving it for a week. starts first pop. does 120-130 on the motorway with ease...once it gets there lol

all models kind of differ...im not too familiar with the ea..

but my xf and xe dizzyz have a mdole under a alloy plate..

with a few wires coming out of it...

modules are known to crap out especially after heavy rain...

water sits under my module,and messes with the earthing etc..

also check your leads they may be cracked

all models kind of differ...im not too familiar with the ea..

but my xf and xe dizzyz have a mdole under a alloy plate..

with a few wires coming out of it...

modules are known to crap out especially after heavy rain...

water sits under my module,and messes with the earthing etc..

also check your leads they may be cracked

cool ill try that...tho would that make it run crap under load...or just all of the time?

The EA's were always a problem... mainly in the electrical department.

My EBII's never missed a beat but everyone I know with an EA has had strange issues with electrical faults.

You should take off the idle-air valve thingy that sits ontop of the throttlebody. It'll no doubt be full of

black shit. Clean it out using meths and a small wire brush and rags, soak a small bit of rag in meth and

poke it all around inside it. Put it back together and it can make a massive difference to driveability.. mainly in

idle department though.

Or get an EB wags and you'll never have any probs.

The EA's were always a problem... mainly in the electrical department.

My EBII's never missed a beat but everyone I know with an EA has had strange issues with electrical faults.

You should take off the idle-air valve thingy that sits ontop of the throttlebody. It'll no doubt be full of

black shit. Clean it out using meths and a small wire brush and rags, soak a small bit of rag in meth and

poke it all around inside it. Put it back together and it can make a massive difference to driveability.. mainly in

idle department though.

Or get an EB wags and you'll never have any probs.

hmmmm...anyone got a eb they wanna sell me for 1000 bux or near that?

Do the heater controls all work? If not you may have a vacuum leak from the hose that falls off right behind the head.... but electrics is more likely

In other news I might have seen you (not that I have ever met you) standing around a VN Commodore outside the Island Bay supermarket a couple of weeks ago. I think a BMX bike was involved.

Do the heater controls all work? If not you may have a vacuum leak from the hose that falls off right behind the head.... but electrics is more likely

In other news I might have seen you (not that I have ever met you) standing around a VN Commodore outside the Island Bay supermarket a couple of weeks ago. I think a BMX bike was involved.

lol yeah that was me! how did u know?...i sold the commy for the wagon

I dunno. I just drove past and there was this dude in skateboard kind of clothes with a goatee yacking to some other dude beside the car and I just thought ' I wonder if that is Kingpin'?

TBH I had assumed you were polynesian for some reason until I saw you :lol:

Buggered if I know why I thought it might be you. I didn't even know you had a VN

I dunno. I just drove past and there was this dude in skateboard kind of clothes with a goatee yacking to some other dude beside the car and I just thought ' I wonder if that is Kingpin'?

TBH I had assumed you were polynesian for some reason until I saw you :lol:

Buggered if I know why I thought it might be you. I didn't even know you had a VN

man thats classic!

I guess its kinda obvious where the kingpin thing stems from then huh!?

big ass white guy...gotta get back into the gym...lol