the zorst thread

bubblegoose

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of loud is it If you've got a rasp issue then get a fluted coby and it'll quieten it down a fair bit. Mine is loud but is 3" and only the 1 muffler.....

yea the harsh noises get taken out real good by those flute coby style mufflers .

well manu in my car (which you have heard) , i have manifold 400mm , chamber and perforated tube coby followed immediatly by flute type coby . runs the rest of zorst in 2 1/4 (57mm??), then the muffler at the back (im not sure what kinda but its not straight through however you can see light ) .

and its not loud at all

wouldn't a fluted coby just alter the sound and not make it much quieter?

i still rate the rage triple flow mufflers they do a big ass s-bend inside and really suck the noise out without reducing the flow too much, usually with a small reso or 'dumpy tip' they will be hushed enough for a wof

on my 4age, i run a reso (4" tube with 2.5" perf thru the center, fiberglass packing) about 400-500mm long a bit after the extractors, the at the rear a biggish muffler with 2 or 3 chambers in it, bellmouth entrys into each chamber in an effort to keep flow up. its kinda tripple flow design i guess. cant remember just how i built it, else i would draw it up. then have a length of pipe after the muffler. whole system is 2.5". its pretty quiet, intake noise is way louder.

a decent sized muffler (big as you can fit) with plenty of internal volume will work best. will cut down the noise more. should also flow better, depending on design of course. a decent length of pipe after the muffler and no big gay tip makes alot of difference as well. i'd grab the next size up muffler to your pipe size as well, to keep flow up.