Truenotch's 31 Wagon

kyteler

I never actually looked at the original photos til now, I prefer the 5 spoke things to the celica/supra rims

th_P1013700.jpg

th_skidlinercopy.jpg

It that just because the car is slammed in that pic? They look way worse in person... FWD offset and 185/60/14 Enduro's... Pretty much using the celica/supras to get away from those tyres.

Got clearance? ...

P1013709.jpg

These sit much more flush (... although I'm using 20mm spacers to convert the thread pitch).

P1013750crop.jpg

Painted one today and I think it makes them look better / hides the yuckness.

th_P1013791.jpg

Choice.

You should get a Volvo spoiler for it and slam it but with stiff springs so you can still use it to tow shit. :mrgreen:

Haha volvo spoiler would be sweet :P . Spring stiffness is the one thing holding the slamming process back... The ones in there are pretty hard so seem to be a good towing spring.

Fuck it, I'll just slam the front and then it'll only sit level when the racecar is on the back :lol: .

You know what I think would make the wheel look a little sweeter. See that 3mm little indent that runs along the spokes. If you painted that red, paint the lip black as well and then run a 3mm red pinstripe around it too. Little details. Maybe that's just me though. :lol:

did u get that weird stutter/splutter sorted?

Not yet, haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet... Might have a go at it tomorrow starting with plugs, leads, possible vacuum leaks and a quick look at electrics. Then sort the header leak, clean alternator up, flush coolant, change oil, re-seal rocker cover, clean it, do a skid.

You know what I think would make the wheel look a little sweeter. See that 3mm little indent that runs along the spokes. If you painted that red, paint the lip black as well and then run a 3mm red pinstripe around it too. Little details. Maybe that's just me though. :lol:

Haha that sounds like way too much effort :D .

I posted in the other thread because I thought it would get moved due to 1992ness (despite 80's box resemblance)! But then I saw this discussion thread so deleted and post here instead. :doubt:

I really like the R31 wagons (just about all skylines actually), which makes me laugh because I used to absolutely despise them.

And those rims look approximately 1 kazillion times better painted.

Looking forward to seeing it sacked out 'in the weeds.' :lol:

I really like the R31 wagons (just about all skylines actually), which makes me laugh because I used to absolutely despise them.

And those rims look approximately 1 kazillion times better painted.

Looking forward to seeing it sacked out 'in the weeds.'

I actually started to like them a lot more after seeing your one for sale earlier in the year... It seemed to make so much sense as a cruiser and a tow car. Pity mine doesn't have a extras like yours! I'd love central locking and cruise control!

Oh, I have a little stack of random crap from my old one, an AFM and airbox, maybe two. If you want them just holla, I'll throw 'em in a box and send them your way.

Oh yeah? What sort of AFM? One of the oddball ones with the "grey top"?.

Tight wheels, look super choice in black. What an awesome tow vehicle/parts hauler

Cheers man.

oh snap etc^

Mean 31, was semi keen do go all out on a wagon about a year or so back. do what a mate back home did, take out one rear spring, chop it half and put one half in each side.

true story

......Thats fucken awesome.....

Yeah, really didn't want to sell my one, but cool thing is an 'older' dude bought it, he had one brand new as a business car at one of his jobs and wanted another one ever since. He was planning to make it even minter than it already was. Was very happy to see it go to a good home.

the auction closed on Friday night and he flew down Saturday morning to pick it up and drive back to Auckland. :) Good guy.

Picture for nostalgic purposes:

008800x600.jpg

Oh, I have a little stack of random crap from my old one, an AFM and airbox, maybe two. If you want them just holla, I'll throw 'em in a box and send them your way.

Oh yeah? What sort of AFM? One of the oddball ones with the "grey top"?.

Uhmm. Can't recall, what I do recall is that they're not like the older AFM's in a big alloy container, they're in a small black tube. Can probably get some photo's and numbers this weekend if you want?

• 3 weeks later...