3T motor and box questions

TOYOPET

Just wondering what gearbox is used in '81 Coronas with a 3t motor??? The one i have is a 4 speed so am looking at getting a 5 speed. Does anyone know what box it would be and what bolts up to it?

Doing a search on trade me last night for "3t gearbox" the only one i found was a $500 supra box but it didnt say what it was (w50, k50, t50 etc etc)

Any ideas???

p.s If this post gets deleted again can the mod that deletes it please pm me and tell me why youve deleted it. i hvae done a search and have found nothing so why delete it?

lucky im not here to make friends then aye. :rolleyes:

Anyway back on topic.

Fuel: i didnt realise they stamped the gearbox code on firewall but will check that out first - the thing is the motor is not the original one it came from the factory with, its another one. im guessing its the same kind of motor tho so hopefully gearbox is the same....

what i really want to know tho is what gearbox can bolt up to the 3t. any ideas?

The import 3T came with a T40/50 generally, it was only the 3T-GTEU that came with a W55 behind it.

So, a T50 box will fit behind it but if you buy one off trademe you have to be sure to get the one with the right spline count as I think a T50 from a 4A-GE or something else of a later model won't fit.

Both just as rare as each other now in some circumstances and depending on how much you wanna pay someone. Whats your corona chassis code? some St140 series come out 3t-c w40 or w50 especially in the lift back 5 speed,

Bearing in mind if your current gearbox is a T40 all you need is the T50 just whack your bell housing on it and slot it in.

Ive seen 130 series with t series box's and W could be either depending on its origins.

Simply look underneath it if its alloy bang 20 spline t40, steel w40. My bets are on T series box with T series diff

Thats a safe bet.. Better than having a look take a picture so we can all see!