nztomcat's C211

CUL8R

Nice mang, Kyteler's going to be all over your ass like butter in a prison..

I'd imagine going by your location, that he would've been the one that put you onto o/s??

I'll find out, brother had a 240k - twin round front, may *may* (doubt it) still have the front lights & buckets & grill..

Glad to see you fired up a thread for it.

I would say that yours is as it left the factory in L20E format. Though the C211 was the first Skyline to be Turbo-charged, of course not all of them were. It is rare to see a Japanese Nissan Skyline in NZ rather than the exported Datsun Skyline GT though I do recall getting a few pictures from Richard (Snoozin) at one time that showed a few JDM C210/211 rear ends in a scrappers that has since destroyed most it's stock of old cars.

Take a close photo of or just tell me the digits on the data plate. That should give enough information to decypher what it came out as from factory just so we can be sure.

Oh, and I have a few bits and pieces for a quad round lamp, will be tidying some of my brother's sheds up this week so will let you know what there is, (off the top of my head, grille, lamp buckets, maybe some trim. Though I'm fairly certain there's guard differences too.

Also, is yours a sedan or a coupe?

Yea its the old my r32 in the drive pretty sure it was guy matt that owned that was in mataura when flatmate got it.

Shes a bit of a rarety alright.

Do you want me to take some close ups of tags etc, may help identify things im pretty sure this is meant to be a non turbo variant.

Also trying to work out if crazy stereo setup was a factory option or ellaberate aftermarket one . have seen them in a few japanese pics now.

Will put up good pics soon not at mine at the moment kars getting some panel work started.

kyteler keen on grill and what not if you have them

Yeah, just take a mean macro shot of the data/chassis plate in the engine bay and if the numbers aren't legible then just write them down for me. Will let you know the deal on the round-lamp stuff tomorrow or the next day man. Nah, I don't think Matt sold the GTS-t until after he moved again, but still.. was a pretty good deal on the car, still going well I hope? Wasn't exactly done up in a cosmetic style I like (ither than the kit) but the car itself went well.

Basically take as many decent quality shots as you can. A nice complete shot of the car would be sweet too. All those ones you put up are crazy angled detail shots :lol:

Would love to get your C210/11 (being C211 is the facelift code and if you're changing back to round-lamp it'll cosmetically be a C210) and my C110 side by side for a few shots once mines back on the road.

The pics are pretty shit done them on digital phone had to email some pics to panel beater that why most of them are hopeless

Can arrange pics not a problem you will have to wait untill mines tidied up a bit though

The old gtst shit the turbo pretty quick carbon seals were on the way out when flat mate got it now had new bigger on on it. Dont ask about the kit lol its ugly as hell and the paints been flaking off in huge chunks not good o well not my car

Turns out I've only got the centre grille and lamp sections, don't have the headlamp buckets. The spacing will be the same as 110/230/330/610/basically any quad lamp Datsun/Nissan.

I do have some spare 110 buckets but they wouldn't work without modification and they're my spares so I'm not really keen on selling them. Shouldn't be too hard to pick up something from another quad lamper that you could drille a few extra holes in here and there.

Here it is anyway;

grille_with_lamp_sections_seperate.jpg

grille_with_lamp_sections_attached.jpg

grille_damage2.jpg

grille_damage.jpg

Using my spare 110 buckets;

grille_with_lamps.jpg

Not 100% on whether it will or not, but I can't see why not. Looking at pictures, the fronts are more similar than I thought they were, I thought changed the indicator arrangement, but it would appear not. Or at least not to a point that it would be of consequence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello People

Its been a long time Since I posted anything about the c211 I've got sitting round.

I'm planning to bring it home this weekend has been sitting at a mates for ages now.

Will also be bringing home my d21 project and engine collection.

First part will be starting to remove the rust which there is a fair bit.

Still having issues with getting a bonnet for this baby. I think I may have to bog it up and get a mould made and do a new one in fibreglass which isnt original but the bonnet is pretty far gone.

I'm in 2 minds as to what to do about the engine situation. the current ones a runner and trans etc is fine it needs new dizzy cap leads plugs etc and filters.

But I also have a few vg30det's here one of which is relatively modified aftermarket intake manifold ported and polished etc. The good one needs a bit of work still. Have custom twin turbo manifolds etc to suit this motor.

I'm unsure as to weither to can the ute and put the vg30 in the skyline and put a 3 speed hq box behind it(motor already has all fittment parts for this). Or weither to keep the original l20 in it. Any Ideas

I had toyed with dropping a 2.8 with manual box in it not sure yet its tempting but not sure.

Other plans are to fit flares alround and lower it a bit with some custom 18x9's on the rear and 17x7's on the front. Really basic paintjob back to factory silver. Fit a rear lip and tidy the front end up a little. I've been toying what to do with the bumpers they arent good for much how they are now. I can either de bumper it or get some new ones made. Ideas?

If some one comes to the party and buys my d21 and motors etc off me I will go the full hog on the skyline but some how I dont see that happening