nztomcat's C211

CUL8R

Probably should post a bit about the motor/s

The one that previous owner spent all the money on has ported and polished heads, aftermarket cams etc. Bloack has had flashing issue removed. Also forged pistoms modified crank shaft and othr bits and pieces.

It has sat for about 3 years not turned over after it blew a head gasket so it needs love.

The motor that go put into the race car to get it up and going then got the aftermarket pullyes. intake manifold etc all put onto that the usual rx7 injectors etc are on this.

Theres several tubs full of spare parts to from manifolds to injectors and such.

Oh and a spare block and heads etc.

There aftermarket twind turbo manifolds this is a VG30DET motor originally the old red top ones. It was running a 3 speed HQ gearbox when it was in the race car I have a VG30DETT auto trans here I have been considering using.

Not sure what to do yet.

Always wanted to put the lot in the d21 it would be pretty different but then it would be REALLY cool in the skyline

Are you going for a replica classic 8-spoke look?

I'm not sure that wheel design you've done thus far will look particularly nice on the lines of the car. I reckon if you're doing that you'll need staggered lip on there, the spokes going from the hub to the outer edge of the rim is far too modern looking and the flatness of those spokes remind me of those Pajero wheels the Mini-Truckers use.

Reminds me of a cart wheel, really. :|

I've still got alot work to do on the design as its a work in progress theres a 4 inch lip in there. Which is king of hard to get to work with the offset.

Thats an 18x9 wheel thats modelled. Still gota start trimming material out to keep the structural strength etc. It will end up similar to the watanabe style/minilite

I've got a few changes that are going to be happening in the rear so this may affect my offset havent finished with the design yet.

Will get getting adjustables all round half the suspension is shagged anyway so may aswell put decent stuff in it

Thanks but no thanks on the wheels

I've rang a few places in Aussie and havent had to much luck I have a guy trying to find parts for me in japan he has found some but they are just to dare like $1500nzd plus shipping etc for a bonnet.

Not to keen to spend that when it's still going to need work to be tidy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Ive got the c211 at home now

So its time to start doing something with it. Ive gotta match what badges went where if anyone knows or has good pictures that would be good as some of mine appear to be missing and I'm not sure if the rear tail light cluster is correct as it looks to have had a prang in the rear. The GT EX I'm not to sure if thats correct or not i have uploaded pictures of the tags etc as well if any one can be of some assistance

Thanks

Oh, and the GT-EX is likely right, you have electric windows, electric mirrors, air-con, power-steering... all that fancy lark that would be the 'X' and being 130PS it'll be the fuel injected non-turbo model, so there's the 'E' ...and it's a GT just because it is. So, that's all the bases covered. You also have the bad-ass roof console. So full of win.

I'm not 100% given what's already on there now, that "SL" or whatever it was seems strange. However people can change shit over the years so that could be incorrect.

Technically is should have those "Skyline" badges and then being it has the rest of the trademarks of a GT-EX, it should have a GT shield badge on the rear quarter too.

Something like this...

18.jpg

However this is on the pre-facelift 2000GT-EX (KHGC210) though the rear quarter badging doesn't appear to have changed at all through-out the chassis shape so it should be fine.

03-950x635.jpg

The GT badges for the 210/211 are available ex-Japan as repro items, as are the rear quarter 'Skyline' script badges.