$100+gay bike=1982 TS 250 zuki trailmasher

Jase

huh well after some dealings and a mission into the backwoods i have managed to

procure me a classic trailbike,

is now running after i spent $44 dollars on it

20 2nd hand flatslide

20 25:1 premix 98 and some oil

4 sparkplug

no real plans other than finding a fresh front tire straightening diddies bars he gave me,

replacing the snapped clutch and brake levers and adapting a modern exhaust

and going trailriding in 80s garb when i find some

post some pics some time

• 2 months later...

suppose i'll do a write up,

the masher got a tickle up last week in preparation for a trail ride that didn't occur.

So Max and i decided to do something last week to get the old girls maiden trip over and done with.

Thompson Track was the call which runs from the Te Aroha side of the Kaimai Ranges to Katikati on the Tauranga side.

Its an open to the public 4wd track that any vehicle can use(given you can find it).

017rcr.jpgAfter 4 hours sleep after night shift Max called me to wake me up and we were loaded up in hamilton and heading

to the servo to fuel the bikes by 9.30am.

We got to the bottom of Thompsons by 10.00am and my old girl fired up second kick which was totally surprising

to me so she got a good two smoke warm up with the throttle jammed open a lil bit on a fence post.

018y.jpg

You drive from where you park about a kilometre then you're into the fun stuff,

about 300m of rocky clay track and then the first 50m mud bog,

Max dialled in what sounded like 3rd gear and full throttle and rode through some very deep ruts and popped

out the top end,

trial and error i thought so second gear balls out with a bald front tire and an exhaust leak and managed to scratch out the

top end to max's laughter.

Theres about another 3 big bogs on the way up and with some slipping and sliding we got through to the top

pretty easily then off down the other side towards Katikati.

Well i drowned her attacking a deep water hole about 10km down the other side ,

so after some friendly help from a 4wd enthusiast and a 10km ride back to the summit and much encouragement,

we managed to get her running again just.

And with a mixture of walking pushing and run starts she cleared her throat before the bogs and got me back home.

Then off to the pub with the 4wd guys that helped to shout them a beer,

Overall was an awesome day

i drowned it down the katikat side got a ride back up the hill on the 4wd,

and got it sort of going to bring it home,

the katikat side has some 1metre to 1.5m deep holes so we had pretty much got as far as we could go with out draggin the bikes up into the bush or hanging them over the side of the track on a rope,

next time i'm going to be a little more prepared and try and build an un drownable ts airbox,

as it was just running a sidedraught sock well oiled up.

keen for more rides though while its still wet and muddy as max gave me a new tire for the front when we got back