Anyone used those Jaycar A/F Ratio kits/Bitchslap Session

ThePog

Just look for a used oxy sensor from Pick a part, preferably from a car that's been crashed rather than thrashed. Hopefully you get a working one. You can buy new universal sensors but they're pretty crappy and not as sensitive as the "real" thing.

A 4 wire sensor needs 12V to the heater when it's on. A single wire sensor won't but will be slow to warm up.

The sensor generates the voltage, the monitor (kitset part) just lights the LEDs according to voltage recieved.

No I haven't used one on a carbied car, Just EFI.

Of course another option would be to use a Jaycar voltmeter panel and just read the voltage direct, they do both LCD and LED.

Plug reading still works best though.You just cant do it whilst driving.

Steve

wouldn't bother. narrow band sensors are only good at reading stoich. (14.7afr) either side they aren't very accurate. find someone with a proper wideband and get it checked would be a better way of spending your cash. narrow band sensors are more of an emissions thing rather than something you can tune your car with

sheepers has my lc-1 atm, get him to courier it to you when hes finished (along with a promise not to break/steal it 8) )

send it back when ur finished, lend ur shit to other forumers as payment. done.

What a good bastard - might just take you up on that...

is it all this software business etc as per this link?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

or is it just a sensor?

Yeah obviously need 02 sensor which will be narrowband, so in the end it's just wank factor/to make sure your car doesn't blow up

There's nothing wrong with narrowbands. Widebands just make it easier. How do you think poeple managed before electronic aids? Widebands are just an extra expense which isn't really essential.

Steve

No it's because "real" tuners needed more skills in the old days and modern technology just makes it easier for idiots to call themselves "tuners".

I've personally tuned my car to over 300Kw with a NB and the motor still goes perfectly and there's plenty left in there yet for more. I don't even call myself a tuner.

Anyway if it's got a carby and it's running rich, check the choke first.

Steve

idiots, or smart enough to use the right tools for the job? you don't see any of the best tuners use a narrow band sensor because they are smarter. plenty left in it meaning you couldn't tune it to its potential with a narrow band?

/shitfight, cage match etc..

Yeah obviously need 02 sensor which will be narrowband, so in the end it's just wank factor/to make sure your car doesn't blow up

There's nothing wrong with narrowbands. Widebands just make it easier. How do you think poeple managed before electronic aids? Widebands are just an extra expense which isn't really essential.

Steve

Never said there was, read my comment.