is it worth putting twin webbers on a hillman hunter?

Beaver

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forced wrote:

Borgweiser wrote:

Is your iron head or steel????

Don't you mean........ Is your head cast iron or aluminium?

Ha stoned typing strikes again.. :)

550 seems reasonable but bargain him and do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a scientifically proven fact that webers in pairs makes your driving improve tenfold.... 8)8)

The price is good and the carbs are way big enough for a street engine.

I think you need to sit down and decide a direction for your car before you get silly with the power as the extra power will bring about many other weak links.

The other thing you need to do is get an electric fuel pump and a pressure regulator before you even bother to fit them or it will start to cause silly tuning problems.

Have you tried to get headers/extractors for these engines??? Anyone still making them???

That and the exhaust and the brakes and the suspension and the tyres and the fuel line size, LOL. The list goes on and on.

If you were in Hamilton or closer I would do you a head for the share fact that you have the carbs and thats cool.

Oh yeah and Adrian at Franklin Cams is the man.

I have had trouble with all the other cam grinders due to them wanting to grind the grinds they have, where as Adrian has made profile to suit our applications.(just a plug for a good bugger).

Corey.

The price is good and the carbs are way big enough for a street engine.

I think you need to sit down and decide a direction for your car before you get silly with the power as the extra power will bring about many other weak links.

The other thing you need to do is get an electric fuel pump and a pressure regulator before you even bother to fit them or it will start to cause silly tuning problems.

Have you tried to get headers/extractors for these engines??? Anyone still making them???

That and the exhaust and the brakes and the suspension and the tyres and the fuel line size, LOL. The list goes on and on.

If you were in Hamilton or closer I would do you a head for the share fact that you have the carbs and thats cool.

Oh yeah and Adrian at Franklin Cams is the man.

I have had trouble with all the other cam grinders due to them wanting to grind the grinds they have, where as Adrian has made profile to suit our applications.(just a plug for a good bugger).

Corey.

i knew someone would come along and say this eventually haha but yeh i see where your coming from. but itd be cool tho :D ive got a spare diff to so if it all turns to shit then ill just put it back to normal lol. but i dont think new carbs and exhaust will lead to toooo much issues. im in hamilton for the summer actually but the car is down in chch

If you get me a spare head I will do some mild porting to it.

I'm in the process of finding another machinest who can swirl the valves if mine won't anymore.

That alone with the changes of the carbs and exhaust will make the engine smoother.

I will PM you my number and you can throw me a TXT to sort it more if you wish.

Corey

bit of an update....the guy can also provide me with a set of double valve springs which both he and others have recomended ( i think he knows his stuff). im trying to haggle him down to 550 for the carbs, mani and springs, am waiting for his answer. ive also tracked down a spare head for 100 bucks...a bit steep i think but tis the only one ive found so far. with probably either get slipsittin or nismo_capri to do a bit of work on it for me, depending on when/if i get the head. so im still trying to decide to take the plung haha. ive put my bike and my spare digital camera on trade me, so my theory is that if i buy the carbs and head now, hopefully my bike and camera will sell (as the both close after the carbs etc), and ill be happy as larry.

i really really want to...but i dont have much money at the mo, and uni starts in under two months.....grrrr i hate being a poor student

the dude said the twin carbs came off a holbay engine

wonder what happen to that?

really really want to know

good shit tho man, be a score if you could get t all for the $ that you want

haha yeh that would be good to know.....ah well.

haha hey bro! havent been on here for ages thought i better come see what people are saying bout your car haha. sweet score though ay!! :D

haha yeh cant wait to chuck them on. they in auckland so i gota sort out a time to go get them....

oi Well done on your purchase, people even myself didn't think the Dellorto 48s would run on my car but they did, and they gave me a nice power increase and the noise is awesome. What model webbers are they?

Mine were so easy to setup with the model i have and they haven't and shouldn't move out of tune.