Alex's 1987 Cordia TURBO

treggo

Yuss Cordia Turbo! 8)

I'm glad someone from here bought that one - I sometimes check if there's any Cordias on TradeMe cos a Cordia GSL automatic was my first car:

cordia.jpg

It was rust-free and more comfortable and better made than the Alfa(s) I replaced it with, but it was slow and thirsty and used oil. I used to play a fun torque steer game of trying to get it from the front of a roundabout queue right through the roundabout with my foot flat to the floor. :wink:

Before you find the money to change the wheels (you'll probably need to fix a bunch of common Cordia faults first), paint the wheel centres silver. Dunno how they ended up red but it looks even worse when matched with that yucky paint colour.

If you haven't owned a Cordia before, beware baad brakes and torque steer combined with old car stuff like worn shocks and old tyres - take care! And don't biff the window louvre! :)

silvercordia.jpg

^lold at white writing kelly 70s

The Kelly 70 writing is actually just full of dust - I took that photo when I got back from a lot of gravel bashing following the WRC up north.

But yeah, if I was gonna deliberately paint 'Kelly 70' white, I might as well have hunted down some oldschool 'automatic' and 'front wheel drive' badges and the personalised plate 'LAME'! :lol:

• 9 months later...