turbo not spooling

might_e_mowse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs is there any tech thread that both are you are in which doesn't end up going downhill?

absolutely not.

To add to the above, there are always air leaks in the intake. The way to sort that out is to block the air intake (the actual intake itsself) then use one of the vac attachments on the manifold to hook up an air compressor..... pressurise the whole intake from the actual air intake itsself right through to the valves..... you'll hear air escape somewhere.

Steve

yeah you will .... like though the valve stem seals you've just popped off

helpful advice eh don't make a definite effort to fuck his car for him thats a very unfriendly thing to do

with a .64 ex a/r you should have no issues spooling

As far as misinformation goes, you're the one who'se the keyboard warrior with no experience.

As far as the actual problem goes, there isn't one apart from the fact that you're trying to do an upgrade with the wrong turbo, the end result being a downgrade, like just about every other twin to single conversion.

Steve

Unkeen to stick up for wayne because hes a cunt, but as for him being a keyboard worrier with no experience. He may not be very articulate and resorts to swearing at cunts but hes rebuilt a shit load of turbos and built some serious turbo cars this shit is his job. All you do is beat around the bush and cause arguments not one of your posts offers a sugestion or solution for this dude to try. Why do you bother

Thank you i agree, steve can you just fuck off.

Well actually this setup has been run on many 1ggte's with impressive gains for little modification.

OK how about i start fresh!

Oil going into turbo, oil coming out of turbo smoothly. The oil drain is almost verical and goes back into the original drain hole to the sump.

But no there are no leaks in the intake system as it drives fine, if there were leaks it would stutter as the a/f meter would think there was more air going in than there actually was.

Its not a ball bearing turbo, just oil float.

Im guessing i might just have to take my problems elsewhere as we seem to be going round in circles with the added pointless non-helpful remarks. I think the only way im going to sort this is just take the turbo off and pull it to pieces to make sure no crap is stuck in there.

im always gutted when this it the outcome :( .

sorry man i/ everyone colud help a fuckload better if they were there . unfortunatly we arnt .

forced .. ...just fuck of ok , ive seen some bad tech write ups in my time yours always seem to take the cake , just fuck off ok

i bet the wastegate isnt closing

all this about too much pressure, can you explain why it slows the turbo down / i would imagine there would be horrendous blue smoke oil going past the hot side oil ring steez?

are plain bearing turbos not ment to see the same pressure as rest of engine? ive not had any issues???)

its a simple device

as he said its getting oil

the title of this thread is not why does my turbo make max blue smoke

if the drains not working there will be max blue smoke

if the cores upside down / drain / feed hoses transposed there will be maxx blue smoke

theirfore. the wastegates probibly bent/broken or blocked

its getting oil, it spins by hand, its not covering his block in blue smoke, go fuckin lean on it any see if you get any boost at all. then go fix the wastegate

• Like 1

Nah its not the wastegate, after running the engine for minutes and the temp is up the wastegate pipe is still cold. Waz, ill be in touch to see if you can sort this mystery!

Yeh its always hard to diagnose problem like these over the net but thanks to all those giving suggestions and ill post up what the culprit was when i suss it out...so frustrating!

On the external theres a seat, a metal ring that the wastegate bolts over, make sure this is right or else the pressure will be lost from out of there, jack the rear up and chuck in 3rd and see if boost builds, should be able to tell straight away, this seet up will be pretty laggy untill you get into higher gears.

I ran the same turbo and got over 200kw atw,