d.p.n.s

hi all

im having a problem with my van at the moment

its slowly draining the battery

nissmo-capri put new bushes in my alt and it does seem to charge

when its running but if i leave it over night and go to start it in the

morning she pretty dead.

i have been threw the wiring for the lights and sounds ect

and it all turns off when the key is off.

so any ideas?

i put a charged battery in and it lasted 2 days when to start it thismorning

and she fired into live turn it off and try it again and its dead.

any help will be cool.

cheers

dan

Check the terminals on the battery to see if you have a good contact.

Do you have an alarm or radio wired in to the full battery circuit, if so disconnet anything that is direct to the battery and see if it goes away.

As said above you can check with a clamp meter but to save money just disconnect one thing at a time.

Clocks are another bastard thing that can draw heaps when getting tired.

Corey

I've been caught out by the live to the radio to keep it's memory - connecting the wrong one to permanently on, and a boot light permanently on. And, of course everything on an italian car!

try taking half the fuses out and seeing it that helps and so on... At least you'll work out which circuit's draining.

I had the same problem once, I was running subs etc and the poor old amp couldnt keep up. I fitted a late model alt from a sierra, one with the blue back on it is the best. That sorted it.

I've got the same problem with my capri at the moment, I leave it for 2 weeks and somehow the battery has drained completely flat. So flat that the alarm doesn't even work. I think it must be the battery.

So.. could be you battery if it's old? Mine is a expensive sealed unit but is about 5 years old so prolly fuct.

I had the same problem once, I was running subs etc and the poor old amp couldnt keep up. I fitted a late model alt from a sierra, one with the blue back on it is the best. That sorted it.

I've got the same problem with my capri at the moment, I leave it for 2 weeks and somehow the battery has drained completely flat. So flat that the alarm doesn't even work. I think it must be the battery.

So.. could be you battery if it's old? Mine is a expensive sealed unit but is about 5 years old so prolly fuct.

ive tryed 2 batterys both pretty newish lasts for about 2 days then dies

nismo-capri said to try a sierra alt may just give it more of a boost.

i have been threw most of the wiring aswell and all i can think is that it could be the sounds

i do have to amps and 2 subs aswell but it still shouldnt drain it when its all turned off.

i have been threw most of the wiring aswell and all i can think is that it could be the sounds

i do have to amps and 2 subs aswell but it still shouldnt drain it when its all turned off.

actually.. it can do depending on how you wired it up.. my stereo and amp slowly drained my battery

simple by being connected all the time.

kill switch is fine, I have one and am now trying that out to see if my battery still dies after 2 weeks

of no use. If it does I know it's the battery and not being drained. However, a kill switch can also

kill your alarm and your central locking which is a pain... :doubt:

if youre lazy like me and dont want to find a proper remote supply thats on the key switch then just run a temporary one via fuse and switch from the main amp power as its right there. leave it on and the battery will drain, turn it off and it'll be sweet as and wont kill your alarm etc

Hey Dan try disconnecting the stereo and see if that fixes it.

it seems to be ok at the moment steve

ive been out and started it every morning for the past 4 days and its fired

up but only just.

i thinking about putting a better alt on like a sierra(dont have one around the place do you mate)

just to put a bit more power in the old girl

and as for the cut off switch im still keen just to help stopping it being pinched.

hows the lime green beast coming along mate. :badgrin:

Yeah I've got one lying around and i'll not be needing it for a while. Off a sierra. Let me know... we used to put xj6 ones on the rally cars iirc.

cheers steve lll let you know.

think ill just keep an eye out for 1

do you know of any others that worked well like the xj6?

dan