4g32 tappet clearances?

ProZac

Yeah, need to set them, ticks like a bitch at the moment. Not on the car or rocker cover anywhere alas, and i cant remember what they're meant to be. Probably the same as for a 4g63 SOHC, but i cant remember those either... Hook a bruvvah up? Preferably hot settings, as i find cold setting tappets to just be unreliable.

• 2 months later...

my engine was making a tapping noise (quite loud) and i thought it was the tappet clearances.found out it was both my tappets and my fuel pump.so have replaced the fuel pump. now im trying to redo the tappet clearance. my engine has been fairly worked, plained head, lumpy cam, bored out ,balance shafts removed etc etc. what should i be setting the tappet clearance at? i know its .15 inlet and .25 outlet but its still not quiet when i set them to this. the noise only happens when the engine has warmed up and only makes it between 1900 rpm and 2800 rpm. any help would be great

cheeers!

ohkae i will try setting them to that. it sounds like its coming from the top end rather than a bearing. was rebuilt around 50000 ks ago with all new bearings etc. the noise started happening after i thrasged it a little bit too much in the wet haha. might just need to do a 4g63 upgrade i think

• 4 years later...