removing ball joints...please help lol

Beaver

• 2 weeks later...
Ball joint splitters are OK but the type pictured above are limited as to where you can fit them and how much pressure they can apply.

A ball-joint splitting fork struck with a hammer is a better tool IMHO

However - the trusted method of striking the steering knckle with TWO big hammers simultaneously is the best way and works 90% of the time. Take a few gentle practice swings first and take heed of the advice about leaving the nut on to protect the thread on a B/J you wish to re-use.

Please elaborate on two hammer method and/or how those fork ones are used. I have come across one that I can't get at with that pictured type of splitter or any other improvised methods. :lol:

Same happened to mine. Supercheap jobbie? A good quality one should be all good, but those cheap ones don't work too well

I got one of them fork ones now and it works rather alright. Didn't even maim the boot either which was nice.

Never attempted the hammer method as I never had a suitable hammer, let alone 2 of them